Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Has AA changed policy regarding the preferred seats recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

I don't have any status with AA. But I used to be able to choose the preferred seats when checking in online 24 hours before departure, those preferred seats would be free at that points. But it seems like it's not longer the case, one still need to pay for those preferred seats when checking in online. Has AA changed the policy recently regarding whether to free up the preferred seats 24 hours before departure?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
If you were able to choose MCE seats without status, then it seems you were the sole benefactor of a glitch in the system. At T-24, MCE seats open to Golds...
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by chrisoffice
I don't have any status with AA. But I used to be able to choose the preferred seats when checking in online 24 hours before departure, those preferred seats would be free at that points. But it seems like it's not longer the case, one still need to pay for those preferred seats when checking in online. Has AA changed the policy recently regarding whether to free up the preferred seats 24 hours before departure?
"Preferred" seats and "MCE" seats are two very different animals. Which are you talking about?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
"Preferred" seats and "MCE" seats are two very different animals. Which are you talking about?
I am talking about the preferred seats, the one with green colors. NOT the MCE seats, sorry.

Will we still be able to choose those preferred seats for free 24 hours before departure?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The Green are only available to elites and certain fare codes. Otherwise if you didn’t purchase BE you can pick any blue seat. If there’s no blue seats available you can either pay for a green seat or check in at the airport for a seat assignment,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.