Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival Lounge in CDG ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Question Arrival Lounge in CDG ?

AA 44 JFK-CDG arrives at 7:45am. Flying on Business class. Is there a One World or Priority Pass arrival lounge in CDG that I can use? I am one world Emerald (AA EXP) and flying in Business Class.

According to One World and Priority Pass apps, it seems like most lounges are located in air side, except the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge in T1 Level 11. But I am not sure if they will let in arriving AA pax. Any thought?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Tintin
AA 44 JFK-CDG arrives at 7:45am. Flying on Business class. Is there a One World or Priority Pass arrival lounge in CDG that I can use? I am one world Emerald (AA EXP) and flying in Business Class.

According to One World and Priority Pass apps, it seems like most lounges are located in air side, except the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge in T1 Level 11. But I am not sure if they will let in arriving AA pax. Any thought?
That lounge is after CDG departure passport control, but before security. So kind of semi-airside. I am not 100% sure, but I doubt they will let you through passport control without a departing boarding pass. Also, you would have to come back in through arrivals passport control to leave T1. All of that, plus the long walk from T2A to the CDGVAL train, then the ride to T1, makes it seem both very unlikely, and even if possible, very annoying and time consuming.

Looks like your best bet is to ride the CDGVAL over to Roissypole and get an hourly rate at the Ibis Hotel.

Shower at Charles de Gaulle / CDG airport?

Last edited by DCJoe1; Aug 13, 2019 at 7:15 am Reason: Added info
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCJoe1
That lounge is after CDG departure passport control, but before security. So kind of semi-airside. I am not 100% sure, but I doubt they will let you through passport control without a departing boarding pass. Also, you would have to come back in through arrivals passport control to leave T1. All of that, plus the long walk from T2A to the CDGVAL train, then the ride to T1, makes it seem both very unlikely, and even if possible, very annoying and time consuming.

Looks like your best bet is to ride the CDGVAL over to Roissypole and get an hourly rate at the Ibis Hotel.

Shower at Charles de Gaulle / CDG airport?
Thanks very much. I wish there was a Arrival Lounge available in CDG. AA and BA both operate arrival lounges in LHR. Since there are many international arrivals at CDG in the morning, it make sense for One World to operate an arrival lounge.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Tintin
Thanks very much. I wish there was a Arrival Lounge available in CDG. AA and BA both operate arrival lounges in LHR. Since there are many international arrivals at CDG in the morning, it make sense for One World to operate an arrival lounge.
Apparently there was one a long time ago, but it closed in 2005.

CDG / Paris Charles de Gaulle Arrivals Lounge CLOSED; Shower / Showers (consolidated)
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:06 pm
sqw

Programs: AA CK, National VIP, Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond & MM, UA 1K
There isn’t but you can get a room at the Ibis hotel which is right beside the Roissypole CDGVAL station for 14 euros per hour, minimum 2 hours. Good enough for a quick shower before moving on
fotographer likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
There is a Sheraton connected to Terminal 2...you don't have to take the CDGVAL and I think they also do short term rooms....but for more €! Doublecheck me on that...but I think you can.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I will try one of those hotels.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:42 pm

An easier option might be to use the Air France arrivals lounge in 2C, which is entirely outside of security and customs/immigration. It is €30 or €50, and they can turn you away if they're too full. They do not take reservations. It is not a difficult walk from 2A (American) to 2C (Air France).
It's quite a nice lounge, in my opinion.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Mats
An easier option might be to use the Air France arrivals lounge in 2C, which is entirely outside of security and customs/immigration. It is €30 or €50, and they can turn you away if they're too full. They do not take reservations. It is not a difficult walk from 2A (American) to 2C (Air France).
It's quite a nice lounge, in my opinion.
The AF arrivals lounge is fairly small and windowless, but had a good cold breakfast (prosciutto, good chees, croissants, brioche, etc.) although not wine or champagne. Wifi seems fine and there's a selection of newspapers. The showers are pretty typical, smallish but IIRC with toilets, and can get hot and steamy. There's a pass through cabinet enabling you to have clothes pressed as you shower.

I've never been aware of any paid entries and the dragons are very strict about admitting AF/DL passengers and elites by the rules. Sometimes it seems like they turn away more customers than they admit.

ADDED: To find it, you walk along the main path on departures level, past all of the check in counters in 2C(?) coming from the center of CDG T2 with the train station and Sheraton. At the far end of the terminal, just before 2A starts, look for a carpet and a couple potted small trees. This is the entrance and it's hidden. At this point, you're close to the stops and ticket machines for the various buses to central Paris, the public ones and the one to Opera, which are different in terms of tickets/prices and stop locations.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 20, 2019 at 9:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.