Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Part of AA History: Piedmont 767-200ER > London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Piedmont > USAir > USAirways > American Air.
Colorful ad from Piedmont Magazine touting its outstanding Business Class service to London in 1988.
Personally recall these plush upfront seats were the most comfortable sleeperettes flying...they were manufactured by Fairchild Burns:

Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:24 am

Piedmont to London

The London flight originated in TPA, stopping in CLT, before continuing to London.

I flew the domestic leg many times in F, especially on Friday evenings when I was headed home to the PHL suburbs.

PI had a great reputation before the acquisition by US, and this short domestic leg was a real treat, starting with the seating.

AirlineLoop likes this.

Last edited by SCEflyer; Aug 1, 2019 at 11:25 am Reason: Wording
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
I flew this LGW-CLT in 1988. If I remember they had a triple miles promotion with a 1000 mile per segment minimum - could rack up 18,000 miles on a cheap ticket with a double connection. PI was a really good airline.
AirlineLoop and JDiver like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:49 am

Great ad. I was NYC based and flew TWA in those days.. Great memories. However, the seats today are far more comfortable in my opinion
AirlineLoop and JDiver like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
My very first award redemption was on PI from FAY-CLT-LAX. Paid 60 bucks to upgrade the mileage ticket. Got to sit in one of those seats on the 767-200 just a month or 2 before the merger became final. The 767 I flew was either delivered in bare metal or had already been stripped.
AirlineLoop likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Isn't it amazing that we can now have fond memories of a 76?
757FO likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:10 pm

Wow, 767-200 with no winglets is really a good looking plane. Great proportions in that photo shown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.