Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy Flexible questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Premium Economy Flexible questions

Hi all, I'm looking at travelling ORD-DFW-ICN next year in Premium Economy, the AA site is telling me it's Premium Economy Flexible (O class on the connecting flight to DFW, P on DFW-ICN, and the same on the return), I can't really seem to find any certain information on the terms attached, just 'Changes or refunds allowed (fee may apply)'.

Is it fully refundable, or refundable minus a change fee? Also if I do need to change dates later on, will I have to pay fare difference as well or can I just change to another date? Thanks for the help, and sorry if this has been asked/answered before I couldn't manage to find anything.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by alancostello
Hi all, I'm looking at travelling ORD-DFW-ICN next year in Premium Economy, the AA site is telling me it's Premium Economy Flexible (O class on the connecting flight to DFW, P on DFW-ICN, and the same on the return), I can't really seem to find any certain information on the terms attached, just 'Changes or refunds allowed (fee may apply)'.

Is it fully refundable, or refundable minus a change fee? Also if I do need to change dates later on, will I have to pay fare difference as well or can I just change to another date? Thanks for the help, and sorry if this has been asked/answered before I couldn't manage to find anything.
This comes up fairly often as aa.com does a not so good job of displaying fare rules and this type of thing. An ORD-ICN fare in Prem Econ that books into O/P will almost certainly have change fees associated with it. P is discount premium economy, while W is full fare premium economy.

But the only way to know for certain is to check the specific fare rules. You can do a dummy booking at aa.com, click through like you're going to buy the ticket, on the very last page before you click "purchase" there will be a "Detailed Fare Rules" link at the bottom. Click that, then scroll down to the penalties sections to see what fees there would be for cancellation and/or changes.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
This comes up fairly often as aa.com does a not so good job of displaying fare rules and this type of thing. An ORD-ICN fare in Prem Econ that books into O/P will almost certainly have change fees associated with it. P is discount premium economy, while W is full fare premium economy.

But the only way to know for certain is to check the specific fare rules. You can do a dummy booking at aa.com, click through like you're going to buy the ticket, on the very last page before you click "purchase" there will be a "Detailed Fare Rules" link at the bottom. Click that, then scroll down to the penalties sections to see what fees there would be for cancellation and/or changes.
Trying 'Detailed Fare Rules' gives me the following:

Detailed Fare Rules
The most restrictive set of fare rules applies to the entire itinerary. In addition other fare rules may apply.
We couldn't find an account with the information you entered. Please Contact American to retrieve your AAdvantage account number.

This is while going through the process as a guest, there should be no need for an AAdvantage account?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by alancostello
Trying 'Detailed Fare Rules' gives me the following:

Detailed Fare Rules
The most restrictive set of fare rules applies to the entire itinerary. In addition other fare rules may apply.
We couldn't find an account with the information you entered. Please Contact American to retrieve your AAdvantage account number.

This is while going through the process as a guest, there should be no need for an AAdvantage account?
Looking at some random dates, looks like PE fares with an "O_____" fare basis carry a $300 cancellation penalty and a $250 change penalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.