Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flying from SJU on Seaborne as an AA codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)

I have an upcoming flight from SJU on Seaborne, booked as an AA codeshare. I have top tier OW status (BA Gold).

Will my status assist in any way at SJU ? Three things came to mind: extra baggage (I assume not as I am not sure any is even included on local Caribbean flights), fast track security and lounge access (I don't know if the AA lounge - assuming there still is one - is even anywhere near the gate that Seaborne use).

Any pointers based on what the book says, or based on recent experience gratefully received.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Definitely no AA lounge anymore but there might be a Priority Pass lounge if you have that.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Baggage limits would be based on Seaborne's rules
https://www.seaborneairlines.com/baggage-information/
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Definitely no AA lounge anymore but there might be a Priority Pass lounge if you have that.
So despite up to 100 J class pax on MIA bound flights per day + all the extra status pax in the back of the plane, AA has no free lounge access ? That's pretty shocking. Is the paid lounge worth using ?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:17 pm

Nobody on those flights would have lounge access. SJU-MIA is a domestic flight.
nancypants and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allthem
Nobody on those flights would have lounge access. SJU-MIA is a domestic flight.
OK, I am obviously used to a different system on BA where a business class ticket gets you into a lounge wherever you are flying. I got lounge access in MIA on the MIA-SJU leg, so I assumed status does get one something and that there must surely be a fair few status pax with 6 daily flights. Oh well, it all sounds pretty dire.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
OK, I am obviously used to a different system on BA where a business class ticket gets you into a lounge wherever you are flying. I got lounge access in MIA on the MIA-SJU leg, so I assumed status does get one something and that there must surely be a fair few status pax with 6 daily flights. Oh well, it all sounds pretty dire.
You had access due to status on BA. American doesn't provide lounge access to their own passengers on domestic flights (excepting transcons), either by virtue of first class tickets or status. They're required to provide access to members of other Oneworld frequent flyer programs, though, so they do.

The only people with lounge access on these flights would be people connecting to/from international flights or elite members of non-AA Oneworld airlines, - so BA, JAL, Cathay etc. Not a large group of people for a domestic flight within the US.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allthem
You had access due to status on BA. American doesn't provide lounge access to their own passengers on domestic flights (excepting transcons), either by virtue of first class tickets or status. They're required to provide access to members of other Oneworld frequent flyer programs, though, so they do.

The only people with lounge access on these flights would be people connecting to/from international flights or elite members of non-AA Oneworld airlines, - so BA, JAL, Cathay etc. Not a large group of people for a domestic flight within the US.
Thanks for clarifying. It certainly sound better to have OW status than AA status, at least when it comes to lounges.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Thanks for clarifying. It certainly sound better to have OW status than AA status, at least when it comes to lounges.
Depends on which country you're flying to/from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.