Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

London LHR T3 best departure lounge for AA fliers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
London Heathrow LHR Terminal 3 Lounges

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Terminal 3 handles a number of oneworld airlines, including

AA - American Airlines
AY - Finnair
BA - British Airways* (limited destinations)
CX - Cathay Pacific Airways
IB - Iberia (from 12 Jul 2022)
JL - Japan Airlines
RJ - Royal Jordanian
QF - Qantas Airways
UL - SriLankan Airlines

Note: Most British Airways flights depart Terminal 5, not connected airside other than by interterminal buses requiring connecting boarding passes and security procedures.

Some unaligned and SkyTeam member airlines also use Terminal 3
Star Alliance member airlines use Terminal 2

Terminal 3 houses several oneworld lounges:
American Airlines Admirals Club - Lounge Area H (currently closed)
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge - landside, restricted access (link)
American Airlines International First Class Lounge - Lounge Area H (closed)
British Airways Galleries Club Lounge - Zone F (link)
British Airways Galleries First Lounge - Zone F (link)
Cathay Pacific Business Lounge - (link)
Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge - (link)
Qantas London Lounge - Lounges Zone B (link)

Other lounges (pay, membership, lounge access schemes)
No. 1 Heathrow Lounge (pay) - near Gates 13-22 (link)
No. 1 Lounge pod hotel (link)
Club Aspire Lounge - near Gate 9
Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge - Ground Floor, Arrivals

Distinctive characteristics:
Cathay Pacific Lounge - Noodle Bar
Qantas Lounges - Gin Bar
Cathay Pacific and BA First Dining are the only areas that offer meaningful tarmac views
Print Wikipost

London LHR T3 best departure lounge for AA fliers?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
You can actually just order noodles from one of the servers in the First Class section, even from the comfort of a seat overlooking the tarmac. That's what I've done. No need to trek down to the noodle bar.
thanks for that, good to know.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: free agent
While you guys are all fawning over noodles and coffee, personally I'm in the BA F lounge getting a fill of proper bacon, black pudding and washing it down with self-pour JW blue.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:28 am
Original Poster

OP here just want say thank you

OP HERE. Thank you all. Fantastic advice. Why I love flyertalk. Now I no longer have to fly thru HKG on Cathay for my favorite noodles. FYI it seems the secret sauce for peanut based fried noodles is Jiffy Peanut 🥜 Butter as I saw them prep using multiple containers of Jiffy. But I still love all the Cathay dishes. Cathay is one of my favorite lounges in the world now. Even including Lufthansa First Class Terminal. .
kev LAX and MorganB like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:34 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Sitting in CX F @ LHR T3 Lounge right now; its the only one I go to here.

Ifs been awhile since Ive been through T3!

Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by AlphaTango
While you guys are all fawning over noodles and coffee, personally I'm in the BA F lounge getting a fill of proper bacon, black pudding and washing it down with self-pour JW blue.
I agree; when in T3 I go to CX for the food and design but BA for the self pour bar...

Originally Posted by Centurion
OP HERE. Thank you all. Fantastic advice. Why I love flyertalk. Now I no longer have to fly thru HKG on Cathay for my favorite noodles. FYI it seems the secret sauce for peanut based fried noodles is Jiffy Peanut 🥜 Butter as I saw them prep using multiple containers of Jiffy. But I still love all the Cathay dishes. Cathay is one of my favorite lounges in the world now. Even including Lufthansa First Class Terminal. .
Yeah but what are you drinking??
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
IMHO... AA's Admiral's Club lounge at T3 is light years ahead of the domestic Admiral's Clubs with their carrot batons and dips. If AA passengers only use AA Club Lounges in the USA, they must think T3 is paradise with its hot food and free alcoholic drinks.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Question: will be transiting T3 and want to go to CX Lounge, but need handicap assistance to the gate. How do I handle that or will I need to go to the AA lounge?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96
Question: will be transiting T3 and want to go to CX Lounge, but need handicap assistance to the gate. How do I handle that or will I need to go to the AA lounge?
Wheelchair attendants dont care which lounge you go to. They are not airline employees and provided by the airport so I think they can take you to any lounge. Not sure if they stay with you the whole time tho.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by gateH15
Wheelchair attendants don’t care which lounge you go to. They are not airline employees and provided by the airport so I think they can take you to any lounge. Not sure if they stay with you the whole time tho.
I don’t need them with me the whole time. I just want to make sure they are there when I need to go to the gate.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:35 am

Flagship Business - LHR?

I'm flying Flagship Business LHR-PHX next week. I understand the Flagship benefits TransCon but a little confused about LHR. I understand there's no Flagship lounge at LHR so can I use the 1st Class lounge? Can I use Flagship check in?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sdix
I'm flying Flagship Business LHR-PHX next week. I understand the Flagship benefits TransCon but a little confused about LHR. I understand there's no Flagship lounge at LHR so can I use the 1st Class lounge? Can I use Flagship check in?

Thanks in advance!
Will ask a moderator to move this to the appropriate thread, but will answer below.

As a Business Class passenger, you'll have access to the Admirals Club, the British Airways Galleries Club Lounge, the QANTAS Lounge, and the Cathay Pacific Business Class Lounge.

If you have OneWorld Emerald status, you'd also have access to the AA Intl First Class Lounge, BA First Lounge, and the Cathay First Lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP.

Thanks in advance!

best t3 OW lounge thread
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
no flagship check in unless you are one world emerald also.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL
Will ask a moderator to move this to the appropriate thread, but will answer below.

As a Business Class passenger, you'll have access to the Admirals Club, the British Airways Galleries Club Lounge, the QANTAS Lounge, and the Cathay Pacific Business Class Lounge.

If you have OneWorld Emerald status, you'd also have access to the AA Intl First Class Lounge, BA First Lounge, and the Cathay First Lounge.
Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Thanks!
Flagship check-in at LHR isn't quite at the same standard at the US stations that feature it such as JFK (or to the BA First check-in T5) so it's not that much of a game changer if you don't have access to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.