Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Never flying AA again / AA is horrid / I hate AA (consolidated 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never flying AA again / AA is horrid / I hate AA (consolidated 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by mvoight
Not really a rolling delay. They said 3 hours and the flight left the gate 3 hours and 3 minutes late according to Flightaware
It arrived at the gate in DFW 2 hrs 58 minutes late
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...112Z/KSJC/KDFW

Never flying AA again because they notified you of a weather delay regarding DFW.....
And their delay estimate was accurate even
......Amazing.
Please cite where I said I’m never flying AA again?

Don’t even know why a mod put that in the title.
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian

The original title was better and more descriptive of what happened.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Maybe wishful thinking.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:15 pm

Had a similar experience to OP, but more complicated. Flying out of PVG on MU, I had to be in Tokyo then later in the day to Busan via private charter, but my PVG-HND flight was delayed indefinitely due to typhoons in the region. Thinking the flight would be delayed forever, I decided to head back out landside and try to buy a walk-up fare on the JL or NH flight departing a few hours later, but unfortunately all flights were full. Tried searching for other options, but nothing would get me to Tokyo on time. As I headed back through security and customs, I go to my gate to find my flight was being pushed back... Missed two engagements and a charter flight
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

No idea, and though I could speculate, I won’t. I know why it was changed: the thread title did not comply with the Rules.

4. Thread Titles link to this Rule

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.
Nonetheless, the original title was restored and shows as the post title.

Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
company mandate to fly AA, sorry charlie for the noise.
Yet you won't even consider flying DL for a weekend break? Does your employer dare to mandate that all leisure/vacation travel must also be on AA/
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by Catbert10
One of the things I really like with UA's flight status compared to AA's flight status is the ability to easily back track a plane's status until you get to the current segment, i.e., what it is flying right now. I find this invaluable when trying to guess if my flight will be delayed. Often times you can see a plane is running an hour behind but it hasn't updated for later flights.
That is a wonderful feature! Luckily, AA also has that feature.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Had a similar experience to OP, but more complicated. Flying out of PVG on MU, I had to be in Tokyo then later in the day to Busan via private charter, but my PVG-HND flight was delayed indefinitely due to typhoons in the region. Thinking the flight would be delayed forever, I decided to head back out landside and try to buy a walk-up fare on the JL or NH flight departing a few hours later, but unfortunately all flights were full. Tried searching for other options, but nothing would get me to Tokyo on time. As I headed back through security and customs, I go to my gate to find my flight was being pushed back... Missed two engagements and a charter flight
What the heck is wrong with airlines that won't fly during typhoons? It is nothing more than bad weather that happens almost every year.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by sbrower
What the heck is wrong with airlines that won't fly during typhoons? It is nothing more than bad weather that happens almost every year.
Not sure, but I do remember flights were talking off and landing...
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yet you won't even consider flying DL for a weekend break? Does your employer dare to mandate that all leisure/vacation travel must also be on AA/
would you fly an airline that you have no status on?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
yes, if I’m paying for F, I choose Delta
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Yes. I would. I do. And you should too.

DL will be more than happy to sell you Economy Comfort or first class seating if you find the prospect of steerage without status daunting. WN does not have first class but they have a large hub close to your house and a generally decent operation if you value nonstop flights more than seat pitch and width.

If AA continues to degrade its domestic F product, I will have no problem flying Spirit without status and paying for a Big Front Seat. I'm guessing even with the Big Front Seat buy-up and paying for a carry-on bag, I will still come out many dollars ahead versus paid F on AA.

You routinely rant and rave about how terrible AA is. It is. But you don't see me starting a thread every time AA sucks in a new and novel way (and believe me AA finds plenty of new and novel ways to be utterly crappy). But be proactive. Seek out other options if you hate AA so much. Your generalized rants on FT won't change anything and won't make your life better.
JonNYC, dls25, jmw and 6 others like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Spending money on flights just to meet EQD requirements, and angry about it
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would you fly an airline that you have no status on?
50% of the time I fly airlines that I do not status on. And some I get nil ff miles.
The schedule & cash price is what matters to me. FF miles are not worth much. Status does not get you a lot unless top tier
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:41 pm

It is a liberating experience. I’ve enjoyed Delta, Hawaiian, and Jet Blue products (variety of lie-flat and regular domestic first and economy plus-esque products and Mint) this year. I still fly AA a lot as a platinum based in a hub city, but if the price is the same, I try to branch out. Out of Miami DL offers some great one-stop first class fares, often at less than half what AA charges for a nonstop.
JonNYC and TheDudeAbides like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.