Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

two separate tickets scheduled for same day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry

Say I have two separate tickets with AA on the same day.
The first as follows (round-trip):
point A 6am to point B 8am
point B 10pm to point A 12am

The second as follows (round-trip):
point B 9am to point C noon
point C 2pm to point B 7pm

Will this cause any problem with check-ins considering they are both on the same day but on separate tickets/record locators with somewhat tight "connecting" times?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Probably not. I don't know if this violates some obscure clause in AA's CoC about nested tickets or some such, but it's not an impossible itinerary so theoretically you should be ok. But I'm sure someone else who actually knows what they're talking about will chime in.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Should not be an issue, at all.

Only if the 'nesting' was being done to circumvent a minimum stay requirement, or other rule. Given either way it is sub 24 hrs, i cannot see it.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's so difficult when people won't post the routing in question. Must be a lot of FT's flying out of Area 51.

Nothing in the COC prevents this. Take a look there.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
^ I think they worry that if indeed there is something questionable, AACorp would be able to ID them and swoop in.... maybe.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
No - it's not a problem. I do it all of the time.

I live outside of the USA, but have a US job that requires domestic travel. The deal I have with my current employer is that I pay for travel from my country to a US airport and they pay the domestic ticket. So, I generally buy two separate tickets rather than jump through hoops with corporate accounting to split a singe invoice.

The check-in agent at the first airport usually prints my BP's for both flights, though they cannot check my luggage through. If your first flight is late, AA will put you on a later flight just as if you had a single-ticket connecting flight. The only exception to that is if your two reservations violate the minimum connection time (MCT). That is, if your separate reservations result in a tight connection that they would not have sold you as a connecting flight they are not obligated to help you.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry
That is reassuring. Thank you all for the replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.