Wiki Posts
Search

Can you change your AA number?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, AA
Can you change your AA number?

Can your change your AA FF number or is it permanent? I would call them to ask but long wait times.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: All
The question is why?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I would doubt it. Certainly not as a routine customer service function. It's the key/unique identifier to your account, history, etc., etc.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I think the only way of doing this would be to apply for a Citi or Barclays AA card, and not put the existing AAdvantage number on the application. AA would then assign a new AAdvantage number to be associated with the credit card. After miles posted to the new account, one could call AA and ask for the two accounts to be consolidated under the newly issued number.

But again, why would one even want to do this?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - Why do you want to change your AA number.

Unless there is some fraud prevention reason, I am not sure I understand the purpose and fear AA will have the same concern.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
OP - Why do you want to change your AA number.

Unless there is some fraud prevention reason, I am not sure I understand the purpose and fear AA will have the same concern.
Maybe OP's AAdvantage number contains an unlucky number, or some 13s or something. Or a 666. Or maybe OP is Chinese and has a bunch of 4s. There's all kinds of superstition out there. Just last night I was at the bar sitting next to a (very not-Chinese) lady who ordered a dozen shrimp and only ate seven of them. "Aren't you going to have another," I asked her. She replied: "No, because then I'll have 4 left, and 4 means death."
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: CK or bust
A very good reason not to share your AA number on the first date.

Flash the CK card if you must but know that while credit card and cell numbers are relatively easily changed, an AA number is for life.

I unsuccessfully tried to include mine in my vows however Mrs. EnPremiere struck it from the final draft. For the record the minister agreed with me. Then again, I found out later that he was a Delta guy after I found him on a flight to ATL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.