Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LA flight credit to AA - asking for flight docs but I don't have any

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold

Hi all, hoping you can provide some guidance.

Flew SYD-SCL-EZE last month and had to request the flights to be credited via the website. SYD-SCL credited overnight, but I received an email asking for copies of flight documents, which I presume to be a boarding pass, for the SCL-EZE segment, even though both flights were on the same ticket, PNR, etc. - the QF flight was even booked as a LA codeshare so the ticket starts with 045 for LA. I did not have a physical BP as I used the LATAM app and the BP is no longer available there for me to screenshot. Any suggestions?

Yes, the "big" segment posted and I'm quite happy with that, but it would be nice to get the EQMs & Ds for a J class SCL-EZE flight, as well. Any thoughts what other documentation might serve?

Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by zpaul
Hi all, hoping you can provide some guidance.

Flew SYD-SCL-EZE last month and had to request the flights to be credited via the website. SYD-SCL credited overnight, but I received an email asking for copies of flight documents, which I presume to be a boarding pass, for the SCL-EZE segment, even though both flights were on the same ticket, PNR, etc. - the QF flight was even booked as a LA codeshare so the ticket starts with 045 for LA. I did not have a physical BP as I used the LATAM app and the BP is no longer available there for me to screenshot. Any suggestions?

Yes, the "big" segment posted and I'm quite happy with that, but it would be nice to get the EQMs & Ds for a J class SCL-EZE flight, as well. Any thoughts what other documentation might serve?

Thanks!
did you have any checked luggage?
zpaul likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by gateH15

did you have any checked luggage?
I did, but I removed and didn't save the tags for my EZE-LAX-DEN flights a week later.

Great thinking, though!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
You can also try sending the receipt with ticket number. This is the very reason I always ask for a paper boarding pass and keep it until, the miles post.
zpaul likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I forward all flight receipts to tripit and it keeps the ticket numbers as well as flight locators. I think you can set it up to auto forward from your email account but this has been hit or miss for me. I also still get paper BPs for long hauls, take a PDF and email it to myself. This routine has really been useful. Jotnot app on iphone and camscanner on android. There are other apps, those are the ones I use.
zpaul likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: WN Companion Pass/AA Plat Admirals Club/SQ Solitaire
The ticket number is also on your Credit Card statement. I have used that in a pinch
zpaul and bscooter26 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by bo94114
The ticket number is also on your Credit Card statement. I have used that in a pinch
I've used that before. On a CodeShare I'd always get a paper BP just for these reasons.
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.