Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Cape Air to AA connection question at BOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Hello -

A family of 3 (2 adults plus one 4 year old has this booking.)
Rockland, ME-BOS on Cape Air 7am-8:10am
connecting to
BOS-CLT on AA in first 9:19am-11:46am
CLT-SAT on AA in first 1:09pm-2:56pm

-The ticket is on 001 stock and all flights are on the same ticket.
-I've been assured the 9K will through check the bags at RKD all the way to SAT.
-9K arrives Terminal C and AA departs Terminal B. Is there a way to stay airside at Logan or does this require going outside of security? We do have Pre Check.

-Will 9K print AA boarding passes? I guess I should check in online before we get to RKD just in case 9K cannot check us in all the way through.

Any other comments, suggestions are appreciated.
Old May 19, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EP
Hi - I have made a similar connection at Logan, although connecting on to Cape Air to get to and from Martha’s Vineyard. In fact, I’m taking this journey again this Thursday and Friday.

I recall that you do indeed have to leave security to get from the American to Cape Air terminal. It requires a walk that basically takes you right through the middle of the parking structure, which is the shortest direct route. I think I made the entire route gate to gate In about 15 minutes w/ precheck ( remembering I was traveling solo and walking at a good pace). If I had my five-year-old with me, I think it probably would’ve taken closer to 25 minutes.

Regarding check-in, I can’t recall 100%, but I’m pretty sure that I had to re-check in with cape air on the way to Martha’s Vineyard after getting off of my American flight ( mostly I assume for their weight requirements). Going the other way from Cape Air to American, I believe I remotely checked in via AA website, so I didn’t need to see an American agent.

I can reconfirm some of this stuff after this week. Good luck!
Old May 19, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chuck1
Hello -

A family of 3 (2 adults plus one 4 year old has this booking.)
Rockland, ME-BOS on Cape Air 7am-8:10am
connecting to
BOS-CLT on AA in first 9:19am-11:46am
CLT-SAT on AA in first 1:09pm-2:56pm

-The ticket is on 001 stock and all flights are on the same ticket.
-I've been assured the 9K will through check the bags at RKD all the way to SAT.
-9K arrives Terminal C and AA departs Terminal B. Is there a way to stay airside at Logan or does this require going outside of security? We do have Pre Check.

-Will 9K print AA boarding passes? I guess I should check in online before we get to RKD just in case 9K cannot check us in all the way through.

Any other comments, suggestions are appreciated.
I don't know about the bags. Get mobile boarding passes for AA. Yes, you have to leave Terminal C where Cape Air arrives and re-clear security in Terminal B for AA. You have two choices; one, walk around on the departure level to Terminal B, two, go down to baggage claim in C and walk around to Terminal B. Terminal B is a big U shape. United and Spirit are on the end closet to Terminal C. AA is on the other side. You can clear security on the United side and walk airside to the AA gates or you can walk through the Terminal B parking garage (follow signs to Limo/Taxi) and clear security by the AA gates. I find Per Check on the AA side to be very fast, never waited more than a couple of minutes.

I do this frequently but from Terminal E to Terminal B, same thing but a little further. I can usually do this in under 10 minutes.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA
AA used to be in both sides of terminal B. Did they consolidate to the first side with their recent renovations of the AC and terminal?
Old May 19, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by TaiwanIndependence
AA used to be in both sides of terminal B. Did they consolidate to the first side with their recent renovations of the AC and terminal?
Yes, they did.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: AA EP
Post script to my prior post - I made the transfer this week between American and Cape Air in both directions at Logan.

On the outbound leg, my American flight was about 40 minutes late in arriving. Running as fast as I could, I was able to go gate to gate to Cape Air in about 10 - 12 minutes ( including sprinting through the parking lot and then down the long hallway to the other terminal, checking in at the Cape Air counter, going through security again). I made it just as my flight boarded.

In the other direction, Cape Air was indeed able to print my American boarding pass. However, it did not have TSA pre-check printed on it, so I stopped by the American counter and had them re-print the boarding pass with pre-check indicated.
I was not able to retrieve my American boarding pass electronically through the AA website, as it indicated I needed to check in with Cape Air instead.
Old May 26, 2019, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Was Cape Air able to check your bags through to AA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.