Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FA just unloaded the snack basket into carryon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA just unloaded the snack basket into carryon

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SJWarrior
grab a couple things, fine. It’s pilfering, Empty the plane and your a thief. Where does it end. Stuff on eBay? Selling non rev buddy passes?
iMO, this is a reasonable line. Its like an office with free snacks and sodas - grab one for the train or drive or walk home and a snack? Sure. Take a whole case, not so much.
wetrat0 likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by SouthernCross
There have been stories about crashpads fully stocked with minis, for probably as long as there have been airlines.
Watch the movie "AIRPORT".
Old May 10, 2019, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Antarius
iMO, this is a reasonable line. Its like an office with free snacks and sodas - grab one for the train or drive or walk home and a snack? Sure. Take a whole case, not so much.
Except that in the office which has free snacks and sodas, they're intended for the employees. On AA, they're not. It's theft. Some here may consider it de minimis, but it's still theft. Slippery slope, and all.
ibrandsguest likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can see who has the morals here lol. Actually you can tell who here owns the businesses, and who thinks the world owes them. I know it’s a big company and they get paid well. But no one kidnapped and forced them to take the job. So what? Make you own benefits? Realign your compensation structure? You don’t like your job or your pay, then quit. Don’t steal.

grab a couple things, fine. It’s pilfering, Empty the plane and your a thief. Where does it end. Stuff on eBay? Selling non rev buddy passes?

Pilfer : Steal (things of little value)

thief: A person who steals another person's property

Whether it is 1 item or many, the person is still a thief - but then - would need to know what the company's policy is on the taking of unused items at the end of a flight as to whether it is pilfering or permitted; would not sending details to AA have been more productive than posting on an internet social media forum
Old May 11, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
... would not sending details to AA have been more productive than posting on an internet social media forum
Certainly but I doubt that it would be hotly debated at AA while here it solicits posts of all sorts from all sorts
Old May 11, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond
You can see who has the morals here lol. Actually you can tell who here owns the businesses, and who thinks the world owes them. I know it’s a big company and they get paid well. But no one kidnapped and forced them to take the job. So what? Make you own benefits? Realign your compensation structure? You don’t like your job or your pay, then quit. Don’t steal.

Did you really do a 'where does it end' quote?

The slippery slope argument: One minute a flight attendant is copping a couple of bottles of water and pretty soon corporations get such huge tax breaks that they rarely pay any income taxes at all. Oops, too late, already happened.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I'm not too worried about it. FA can take all the chickpea chips he/she wants. But if the FA took the salted caramel balls, then, absolutely, death by bunga bunga.
bosman, LAX-1K, GTITAN and 3 others like this.

Last edited by IADCAflyer; May 11, 2019 at 7:08 am
Old May 11, 2019, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
The slippery slope argument: One minute a flight attendant is copping a couple of bottles of water and pretty soon corporations get such huge tax breaks that they rarely pay any income taxes at all. Oops, too late, already happened.
And corporate tax breaks justify the FA's theft how, again? I missed that connection.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Did you really do a 'where does it end' quote?

It’s more a where do you draw the line. But I see your logic, and will put you in the you think the world isn’t fair and world owes you category. Don’t worry next flight we’ll send the snacks to the back of the plane party,
DenverBrian likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
And corporate tax breaks justify the FA's theft how, again? I missed that connection.
It doesn't, just laughing at the slippery slope argument.

I just think its funny where our outrage is directed.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:24 am

It’s more a where do you draw the line. But I see your logic, and will put you in the you think the world isn’t fair and world owes you category. Don’t worry next flight we’ll send the snacks to the back of the plane party,
Don't worry. I learned a long time ago that the world doesn't owe me squat.

I have deleted my response because it veered wildly into OMNI/PR territory.

I am sorry that my cavalier joke about the party in the back led you to come to all sorts of conclusions about how I view the world.

If you feel that you witnessed theft, then, by all means, accuse them of theft officially. Either by a complaint or a police report.

I apologize for taking the conversation into omni land.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by bitterproffit; May 11, 2019 at 7:30 am Reason: deleted previous comments.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
I wondered why those baskets I ordered from ebay were marked on the bottom, "Made Exclusively for AA".
Old May 11, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SouthernCross
There have been stories about crashpads fully stocked with minis, for probably as long as there have been airlines.
Sometimes things are known to “fall off the cart” or so the flight attendants have told us time over time.

I am glad to see airlines are cracking down on that kind of behavior but be advised that crew members are contractually allowed to take a bottle of water for overnight layovers.

Last edited by Intl359Widget; May 11, 2019 at 8:09 am
Old May 11, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I'm more concerned with the fact that 60+% of the FAs are rude and unhelpful during a flight than FAs stealing office supplies.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: OW Emerald
AA's snacks are like mushrooms. You put them somewhere dark and add water, then more snacks will grow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.