Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW Terminal E Satellite - Open 3 May 2019: 15 gates, Club to come

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
DFW Terminal E Satellite open 3 May 2019

Fifteen new AA gates are in the newly opened Terminal E Satellite. It’s an extension of Terminal E, a small terminal building jutting out into the airfield on DFW’s east side. Travelers connecting to a flight at the satellite terminal must use an underground walkway, which is about 500 feet long but features moving sidewalks.

The entrance to the Terminal E Satellite is near gate E21.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/b...#storylink=cpy

About 100 daily flights, mostly operated by Envoy linking DFW with regional American Eagle destinations such as Evansville, Ind., Harlingen and McAllen.

An Admirals Club is to open by the end of the year.

Concessions include a Dickey’s Barbecue Pit; a Whataburger is scheduled to in late May.

This will be an intermediate term solution while the new Terminal F, serving American and other airlines, is built; that is expected to take several years.
Print Wikipost

DFW Terminal E Satellite - Open 3 May 2019: 15 gates, Club to come

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Heaven forsakes the passenger who has to go from B39 to E23B. Jet bridge, terminal, underground walkway, terminal, airtrain, terminal, underground walkway, terminal, jet bridge.
The B stinger is connected to the terminal by an above-ground bridge, not a tunnel. At least the satellite and the stinger are both near Skylink stations, with both pretty much an almost-immediate U-turn between Skylink and their respective paths to the hinterlands.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
Do we know what Eagle flights will be based out of the E terminals, compared to what fly's out of B? Certain operating company or aircraft?

I have heard there are plans to turn some of the B gates back into mainline?
I made it down to HRL in alphabetical city name order of the scheduled departures and all were ERD. It's been posted that the satellite flights get an extra bit of connecting time. I guess that means that those flights are 'locked' into the satellite.

In B, 8 or 9 (it has been reported as both) regional gates convert to 6 mainline gates. Supposedly the low-B gates (but surely not B1-B3.)

Last edited by JBKettle; May 4, 2019 at 6:50 pm
Old May 4, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by BOSishome

exactly.. In DFW I’d put Panther City, PL, Hutchins, Meat U Anywhere, and Cattleack all ahead of Rudy’s...

But Rudy’s isn’t bad for chain ‘cue. I also love their desserts.

And don’t forget Pecan Lodge.

Granted, I’ll go to Babes before even thinking of Rudy’s.
Old May 5, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by JBKettle
I made it down to HRL in alphabetical city name order of the scheduled departures and all were ERD. It's been posted that the satellite flights get an extra bit of connecting time. I guess that means that those flights are 'locked' into the satellite.

In B, 8 or 9 (it has been reported as both) regional gates convert to 6 mainline gates. Supposedly the low-B gates (but surely not B1-B3.)
Wasn't there L-US A320's flying out of B shortly after the merger? Seem to recall flying out of B on a L-US plane to PHL.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by bchandler02
Wasn't there L-US A320's flying out of B shortly after the merger? Seem to recall flying out of B on a L-US plane to PHL.
B has been entirely regional from long before the merger. After the merger, L-US stayed at their legacy gates in E (E34-38, currently the OO Eagle gates.) until L-US was integrated into the AA gates. (I think there was an interim solution where US was sequestered into certain AA gates [Low-C, perhaps?] while the work groups were being integrated.)
Old May 5, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
And don’t forget Pecan Lodge.

Granted, I’ll go to Babes before even thinking of Rudy’s.
Haha that’s what I meant by “PL.”

Babe’s is a good joint for gluttony!
Old May 5, 2019, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by BOSishome

Haha that’s what I meant by “PL.”

Babe’s is a good joint for gluttony!

Yes it is. I completely glossed over PL.

Oh, them stuffed jalapeños at Hutchins though. Oh man they’re good.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
My wife flew an ERD to JLN out of satellite last night. Delayed for new equipment and then again because they "couldn't get engines started due to no power on the jet bridge and had to bring a truck in" per the captain. Didn't make sense to me but what do I know. Maybe due to new jet bridge?
Old May 6, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Looks like my SWO/DFW Eagle flights are going in/out of the E terminal today, so I am assuming that I get to experience the new gates next week. I think it has been a decade since I've been in the E terminal!

Pros:
1. I see it as maybe more convenient as the stinger B gates from a connection standpoint (which is where my shuttle flights were coming/going from). I most often seem to be connecting to/from a flight in C anyways, which is closer to E than B, and the south end of the Skylink system isn't nearly so prone to the crush of passengers compared to the northside (where about 25% of the time, I have to wait for a second train before I can squeeze onto it).

2. With the new AC there, I think that is a major improvement. The AC in B is so far from the stinger (or the Skylink for that matter) that I rarely used it. I'd been going to the AC in C or A (wherever my flight is coming in from) and then leave early enough to make my connection in B (which never seems early enough anyways with the T-30 final boarding call habit). My guess is the AC will also be rather quiet (compared to B, which was packed every time I did use it).

Cons:
1. Maybe longer taxi time if we are still landing/taking off on the west side of the airport. SWO is nearly directly north of DFW, but the flight path has always been curved a bit to the west to land/take off on that side. Maybe it can be shifted to the eastside.

2. Biggest con is there is no airside travel path that doesn't require the Skylink. I have missed a connection due to a Skylink station being shut off (DFW did an F- job providing any information when that hapenned too). Is AA going to be accommodating if the skylink is on the fritz and you can't connect? My guess is that they will still stick to D0 with an empty plane).
Old May 6, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I didn't see any mention when the new AC is coming. Anyone know?
Old May 6, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by JBKettle

B has been entirely regional from long before the merger. After the merger, L-US stayed at their legacy gates in E (E34-38, currently the OO Eagle gates.) until L-US was integrated into the AA gates. (I think there was an interim solution where US was sequestered into certain AA gates [Low-C, perhaps?] while the work groups were being integrated.)
I guess it could have been E, but it sure seems like B. It was a recently remodeled area with the bright white/blue colors like A, not the old look like C. And I remember it was at the very end of whatever terminal it was - the door to the jet bridge was against a wall.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by bchandler02
I guess it could have been E, but it sure seems like B. It was a recently remodeled area with the bright white/blue colors like A, not the old look like C. And I remember it was at the very end of whatever terminal it was - the door to the jet bridge was against a wall.
Sounds like E38. The high E gates, including the L-US gates were already finished with TRIP while L-US was still in their original E gates. B, especially the end of B, wouldn’t be TRIP-ed until later. (But again, B was regional before the merger.)
bchandler02 likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Thanks to another AA MX delay I had about 4 hours to kill at DFW so I went to check out the new E satellite.

Moving walkways are already broken
What a sad looking concourse/terminal......only one real food place open and then vending machines.
Cheezy MUZAK playing over the speakers
Old May 20, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Thanks to another AA MX delay I had about 4 hours to kill at DFW so I went to check out the new E satellite.

Moving walkways are already broken
What a sad looking concourse/terminal......only one real food place open and then vending machines.
Cheezy MUZAK playing over the speakers
Sounds dreadful although I suspect the broken walkways are the airport's concern not American's.

There is supposed to be a AC there?
Old May 20, 2019, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by enviroian
Sounds dreadful although I suspect the broken walkways are the airport's concern not American's.

There is supposed to be a AC there?
Yep, it's mid way up on the escalators and there is a sign outside saying "Coming....."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.