Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com 2018 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: aa.com 2018 website down, glitch, bug, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Trying to book a ticket on Google Chrome tonight and it won't go through. After I confirm passengers and hit "Continue" the next page won't load.

Seems to be working through whatever IE is called now at least.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
web issues

Trying to buy a simple RT through aa.com. Go through the entire process to the final "continue", whereupon it sends me right back to square 1. Tried this on two different browsers, same outcome. Delta.com is working fine. Anyone else having issues, or know what's might be the issue here for me? Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
If I select a flight, enter traveler info and proceed, it crashes out with

This page isn’t working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 400

Basically, aa.com is down again
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:06 pm

Just to make sure the browsers were good I booked the same itin on Delta.com. No problem. I mentioned that to "Josh" on the plat line and he said you should go ahead and book it on Delta. So I did.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Unable to even load the AA website.

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Reference #3.5389fea5.1533705199.3707d45e
Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
They must have caught my totally sneaky way of getting my AA number into my Avios booked award. Now I get a free checked bag and the guys in the IT room are running around unplugging cat5 cables and shouting "AIR GAP. AIR GAP. We've been breached!!!!"
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:23 pm

I'm the OP. Tried to book a different flight on aa.com today and had the same issues as last night — hit the "Continue" link and it sends you have to square 1. Just got hold of a CSR at aa.com tech support — "Jesus" — who acknowledged this has been a problem for days now, using Firefox, Chrome and IE browsers. It's a server issue, he says, possibly also a Mac issue (it happens on the app on my iPhone, too). We checked all my browsers and they're all well above the website's minimums. He advises calling AA web support directly for bookings — 800-222-2377 — and they will make reservations without the res agent phone charges and with the ability to hold a res for 24 hours.
Not sure why this isn't affecting more people, but based on the FT boards it doesn't seem to be a global problem.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had what sounds like the same problem on Friday night. Was desperately trying to make a rez for my parents who had 3 B6/UA flights from South FL to NYC cancelled the day before a cruise. An early morning AA flight to PHL was their last hope.

After i entered all the passenger information (which is annoying itself) and clicking “continue”, it was back to square one. We tried several browsers and two computers. Oddly, when logged into my account and booking for myself it went to the next page fine, but for two “new” pax or guests, it wouldn’t work.

Fortunately UA was able to rebook them on the AA flight directly and it all worked out. But it was extraordinarily frustrating.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Failed multiple times to complete a booking on Chrome (from Windows) but got through more or less fine using IE.Very annoying.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ckendall
Failed multiple times to complete a booking on Chrome (from Windows) but got through more or less fine using IE.Very annoying.
aa.com sponsored by Microsoft
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:03 pm

AA.com desktop/mobile/app sites all down?

Anyone else unable to get to any pages on aa.com, either on desktop, mobile, or on the app? Just getting "An error occurred while processing your request.Reference #97.2561aad1.1535320960.1ed8f156" on the site. I would love to get my mobile boarding pass...

Edit: Back up for me. Looks like a quick error.

Edit 2: Looks like it is off and on right now.

Last edited by lowfareair; Aug 26, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I'm getting things like this from three sources currently:
Code:
An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.9655434d.1535321050.1d72b699
This is just from www.aa.com

Is anyone else experiencing such?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:12 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
I'm getting things like this from three sources currently:

This is just from www.aa.com

Is anyone else experiencing such?
Same thing here. App down too, once you try to do anything meaningful inside.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It had been happening for the last 30 minutes ... but It just worked - I can now log in to my account.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course, I'm trying to but some miles to complete an award I have held ...

https://buymiles.americanairlines.com/en/buygift

Code:
Check below for errors

Unfortunately, we have an encountered an error with this account or transaction. Please contact AAdvantage Customer Service.
I guess I'll need to be patient ...

[edit]

OK, I can get past the initial screen by not logging on (Continue without logging on).

[/edit]

Last edited by serfty; Aug 26, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.