Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA to Offer Push Notifications for Boarding Process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA to Offer Push Notifications for Boarding Process

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If people want an alert about the scheduled boarding time, they can just set their phone's alarm clock.

The alerts work great for me on DL, especially since I'm more likely to want to check a bag because they're actually fast with delivery (20-minute guarantee on domestic) and don't lose/delay bags for no good reason, like AA does. So I can chill in the lounge, go shopping, do work, etc., and then when I get the alert, saunter over to the boarding gate.
deeruck likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TSparky
Twice during an equipment change (to a smaller aircraft, of course) they announced that they we going by check in time when moving Pax over to the new aircraft.
Wow. Never experienced this. Thanks for the tip. I never saw a reason to check in at T-24, but now I do and will do so from now on.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by TSparky
Twice during an equipment change (to a smaller aircraft, of course) they announced that they we going by check in time when moving Pax over to the new aircraft.
I strongly suspect that check in time was used only as a tie breaker after many other factors were considered. I know GAs sometimes do “strange things”, but going just by check in time sounds unbelievable.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by ikwia

I strongly suspect that check in time was used only as a tie breaker after many other factors were considered. I know GAs sometimes do “strange things”, but going just by check in time sounds unbelievable.
That pretty much screws any pax with an infant in arms.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ikwia
I don't doubt that they do it by status 1st and then check in time. But they wouldn't want to advertise the fact during the process. The times I heard it were both on regionals, so it might be their policy. I was also on another one where they were asking for 16 volunteers to fly the next day.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enpremiere

That pretty much screws any pax with an infant in arms.
Not on domestic. If the lap infant is not in the booking, you can check in ahead of time then add the infant at the airport kiosk without a problem. I don't recall if you can check in for domestic when the infant is in the booking.
Old May 1, 2019, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by enpremiere
Your point is well taken, especially if your in the MIA FL and your gate is an E or low D gate play but maintenance/crew etc.. delays are so fluid that it's difficult to forecast in advance which is why I assume the first boarding pass scan is most realistic rather than simply sending push notifications about the scheduled boarding time which might cause some folks to be unhappy if they start boarding early or they board very late since it's not reflective of what's actually happening.
My experience is that boarding will come and go and the GAs simply make no announcements. (Although they keep themselves amused by idle gossip.) Still in the cone of silence you''re see some guy with an Aircraft Maintenance vest on milling around. Eventually after some period of time when enough paxs have bugged the GAs as to what is going on they make an announcement that maintenance is onboard and they will advise..... By then I can already plan by escape plan (reroute) if necessary. I often head back to the AC for options.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by deeruck
Not on domestic. If the lap infant is not in the booking, you can check in ahead of time then add the infant at the airport kiosk without a problem. I don't recall if you can check in for domestic when the infant is in the booking.
I learned something new today - wasn't aware that you could add a lap child at the kiosk (for a wholly domestic itinerary).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.