Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day change and fees inquiry

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Same day change and fees inquiry

I have a flight booked from DAY-CLT- LAS. It's an Award ticket in First Class. I now would like to take earlier flights and arrive LAS earlier. I am interested in the options available where I can make changes 24 prior to departure. My current reservation has me connecting thru CLT, I see flights from DAY via ORD or DFW departing in the morning that I wish I could take, assuming first class seat availability. With my Award reservation in First, would there be a fee if seats are available, and can I change my routing to either ORD or DFW, or must I stick to a connection thru CLT?

Appreciate any information and advice. Thank you!
Old May 1, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
For AA, Same Day Flight Changes have to use the same routing as before.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Can’t you try and change it before 24 hours, at no charge? I know I’ve changed connecting cities with no problem, as long as the origin/destination cities stay the same.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Can’t you try and change it before 24 hours, at no charge? I know I’ve changed connecting cities with no problem, as long as the origin/destination cities stay the same.
Sure. But if the OP has a MileSAAver award, there would have to be MileSAAver award availability on the alternate itinerary.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Award tickets permit changes without penalty ; if 'U' class becomes available on a flight for this journey , you can make changes without penalty at any time as long as origin and destination stay the same; you can reroute via ORD if you want to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.