Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Earning miles / LP on Qatar / QR, missing & delayed miles and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Earning Elite Qualifying Miles and Dollars, and Award Miles Flying on Qatar Airways link to page on aa.com

To earn AAdvantage® miles when you fly on Qatar Airways marketed and operated flights as well as Qatar Airways codeshare flights operated by oneworld® carriers and affiliates:
  • Buy an eligible published fare ticket in an eligible booking code
  • Fly an eligible route
On most flights marketed by partner airlines, you earn award miles based on a percentage of the flight distance and the fare class of your ticket. Specific flights, routes or cities that are excluded from earning miles or award travel are listed as exceptions if applicable.

AFFILIATE AIRLINES (none)

Qatar Airways marketed (“codeshare”) flights must be operated by a oneworld® or affiliate airline to earn AAdvantage miles. The ticketing or selling carrier or agent is immaterial to earnings.

Miles and other earnings may take a week or longer, and in some reported instances have not posted at all without intervention.

It is always advised to try to assure your AA Frequent Flyer Number is on your boarding passes, and we always advise retaining your boarding passes (or take screen shots of e-boarding passes) until your earnings have all posted.

Also see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-partners.html
Print Wikipost

Earning miles / LP on Qatar / QR, missing & delayed miles and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
EQD help question.

I’m looking at booking a dfw-doh-ist trip on QR over the thanksgiving week. The cost of the ticket is$4600.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
I’m looking at booking a dfw-doh-ist trip on QR over the thanksgiving week. The cost of the ticket is$4600.
What is the question?
JJeffrey and Antarius like this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EP
Earning AA miles on Qatar

EQDs based on percent of distance flown based on fare class. Assuming you are in Business class, would either be 20% of miles flown (R,I) or 25% (J,C,D).
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mvoight
What is the question?
sorry. What would be the EQD I would earn for this flight in J.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by la2clt
Earning AA miles on Qatar

EQDs based on percent of distance flown based on fare class. Assuming you are in Business class, would either be 20% of miles flown (R,I) or 25% (J,C,D).

thanks. So if it’s a 15k mile return trip it’s either $3k or $3750 in EQD. Not that good.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by enviroian
thanks. So if it’s a 15k mile return trip it’s either $3k or $3750 in EQD. Not that good.
If you’re looking to bag more EQD’s vs fare paid. You’re not getting the best deal. But if you’re looking to fly one of the best airlines in the world and were just curious on the EQD earn? There ya go. Honestly, you can’t lose. Enjoy!

FYI, I try to take at least one QR round trip each year to help requal as an EP. And as a treat and forced vacation for the wife and I. I look for a QR J fare at no more than 2400.00 RT. Depending on routing I can grab between 3800-4200 EQD’s. I’m still trying to use my LAX-KUL tickets that were scheduled for early April this year. Cheers.
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tack
If you’re looking to bag more EQD’s vs fare paid. You’re not getting the best deal. But if you’re looking to fly one of the best airlines in the world and were just curious on the EQD earn? There ya go. Honestly, you can’t lose. Enjoy!

FYI, I try to take at least one QR round trip each year to help requal as an EP. And as a treat and forced vacation for the wife and I. I look for a QR J fare at no more than 2400.00 RT. Depending on routing I can grab between 3800-4200 EQD’s. I’m still trying to use my LAX-KUL tickets that were scheduled for early April this year. Cheers.
I flew QR j lax-doh-sin 4 years ago and it was the most amazing experience. Yes I’m looking for the best EQD value in J on one world to IST.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
QR is the cat's meow - especially in comparison to AA. The EQDs aren't so hot though. Can you get an QR flight with an AA code on it?
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
QR is the cat's meow - especially in comparison to AA. The EQDs aren't so hot though. Can you get an QR flight with an AA code on it?
I believe that was being talked about but hasn't happened yet. But my recollection was from a few months ago, so it could have changed since then.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Antarius
I believe that was being talked about but hasn't happened yet. But my recollection was from a few months ago, so it could have changed since then.
Huh. You're probably right. My GF flew to DOH this past spring and I can't remember if it was BA or QR - something tells me it was BA as the flight was AA coded: BOS-LHR-DOH.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I found the fare on google flights and the re-direct was to QR. I'm looking for the best J ticket to any open country in Europe over the Thanksgiving week via a OW airline. I have an itinerary in place already but am going to cancel it since BUD won't let me in. I'll have $2400 coming back refund from BA for that trip.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
is it better to book AA-coded QR-operated flights or QR-coded and operated flights when it comes to maximizing EQD and EQM?
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EP
Depends on the booking code and fare paid. you just have to do the math.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
is it better to book AA-coded QR-operated flights or QR-coded and operated flights when it comes to maximizing EQD and EQM?
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Depends on the booking code and fare paid. you just have to do the math.
It's R and I, but can't decide if I need to have it as an AA code and not a QR code. From what I recall, there is a big difference, but the website doesn't clarify.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It's R and I, but can't decide if I need to have it as an AA code and not a QR code. From what I recall, there is a big difference, but the website doesn't clarify.
If you book as an AA codeshare, it will accrue per the AA chart. If you book under the QR flight numbers (or on QR stock), it will accrue per the QR chart. The biggest differences are the EQM bonus and how EQD are calculated.

Note that a QR R fare is not eligible for Al Mourjan lounge access and does not include advance seat assignments (OWS/OWE can select seats for free).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.