Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Concierge Key event in Dallas 11 Apr 2019...did anyone go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concierge Key event in Dallas 11 Apr 2019...did anyone go?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Since lower levels will spend more of their time in Y certainly they are impacted more by Oasis. I find using my own device in Y a pain. There's only so much room for my tablet, my phone, and what I'm eating and drinking. A free drink in MCE is a nice touch though, albeit it was started by DL. The next thing I see coming is limiting recline and giving AA the ability to put in even more seats.

My sense is that these CK events are nothing more than high end dog and pony shows.
I agree. AA should survey their other elites to get an accurate read of everything that is wrong other than the F seat in Oasis. And the CK who stated above that the food has improved is not eating the same food I’m eat in F and J.
Smrtmom1 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The next thing I see coming is limiting recline...
Let's hope. None would be better, but I'll accept "limited."
enviroian and thedeeg like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by rowingman
I really was there, and my comments beyond the lobster tails and caviar bit were not sarcasm. It was genuinely great.
What? No Quinoa?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beachfan
no it’s not, I said they are leaving.
Ummm... no, you really didn't unless you said it in a different post than the one I read.

What you said, and I quote, was:
Originally Posted by beachfan
But plenty of hub-hub Y flying ExPlats feel disenfranchised.
If you believe that sentence means "hub-hub Y flying ExPlats are leaving AA" then I don't think the word "disenfranchised" means what you think it means.

Then you said some things about what you might do if AA continues on its current path and that you'd fly "out on AA and return in B6 " which isn't exactly "leaving" AA.

Anyhow, not actually trying to be argumentative, but I've participated in this forum for a good long while and if I had a nickel for every AA EXP in this forum who threatens to leave AA over whatever is their current "last straw" of the month I'd be retired. If I had a nickel for only the ones that actually follow through on that threat, well, I'll be working for a good many more years... I find this particularly true of long time/frequent posters in this AA Forum. I find the people who actually do leave really don't make a lot of hullabaloo about it; no gnashing of teeth and tearing of clothes, no years of posting about it, they just do it and move on.

Best of luck with whatever path you choose.

Regards
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by scubadu
I don't know, you tell me. It's your assertion.

Regards
you asserted that I said they weren’t leaving.

that isn’t true. Thank you for quoting me correctly this time. A more accurate response by me would have been “no, what I’m saying is closer to the opposite”.

to clarify what I mean is that I am no longer loyal to American. That doesn’t mean I’m leaving in a fit of pique. I will fly them when they have the best product in my price range. P/E (charged as Y domestically) is an excellent product. A two class 321 can be competitive in the current MCE configuration and I will fly it if the emergency exit seats are available (not including the bogus exit row seats).

The odds of me flying AA will go down on any given day as the fleet becomes Oasified.

And its not what I might do, it’s what I’ve already done. I used to never book away from AA, even if it meant a connection. I’ve flown Jet Blue in the last year, and have tickets on Southwest and will be buying a ticket on Alaska due to better schedules.

no doubt you are correct about prior complaints and threats. However I maintain that the issues with densification is a much bigger issue than award availability or cutting of perks or mileage earning. Time will tell.
jdanton and Dallas49er like this.

Last edited by beachfan; Apr 18, 2019 at 10:12 pm
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JonNYC
IF @JDiver asserted than, he-- and you-- are completely, 100% incorrect in such assertion as it's simply not true.
It’s essy to see what I did or didn’t say.

Spend alone isn’t what many Keys bring to the table. They’re often arrangers of travel, influencers and higher level representatives of Fortune 500 companies, so it’s about the revenue from their company, etc. AA was early to the table with this - Admirals clubs opened at Idlewild and DCA to host and wow influencers like legislators and high mucks as a way to reach them and advocate for aviation and AA. They were “Admirals of the Flagship fleet”.
I didn’t mention the F500s that can nominate some for membership or those who make big spend on Business Extra advanced purchases, etc. either. I know some in each category, and there are exceptions who don’t actually fly that much.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 19, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Yes Parker has cheapen the domestic F experience but is this some huge game changer?
It is for me. Spirit Airlines now flies nonstop to some of my destinations, and I've been buying their Big Front Seat regularly.

Same pitch, more comfortable seat despite being "pre-reclined", and no cabin divider (a non-exclusive experience just like AA).

Also costing 1/3 to 1/2 price than AA and without taking a connection.

If AA had proper recliners, proper service, proper cabin divider, and a good meal, I'd be inclined to fly AA again / more often on these routes.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by metallo
Depends on how you define "high end," I suppose.
And which “end” you are looking at today versus which “end” in 6, 12, 18 months down the road.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:04 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Oh my. Well, a whole bunch of off-topic posts have been deleted. A few housekeeping reminders:

- whilst the tangential discussion did stay civil (thank you to those involved), it was not germane to this thread. Please help us stay on topic.
- if you would like to ask a personal question of a member, please use the Private Message feature. However, just because you send a PM does not mean that the other party is obligated to respond.

And now back to the topic at hand...

/Moderator
aztimm and golfingboy like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Looks like Inc. found this thread and posted and article quoted rowingman's comments extensively. I don't know the rules about linking and how much I need to copy, so maybe someone else can if they know. 😀
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Looks like Inc. found this thread and posted and article quoted rowingman's comments extensively. I don't know the rules about linking and how much I need to copy, so maybe someone else can if they know. 😀
American Airlines Is Reportedly Having Second Thoughts About Its Most Hated Planes. Here's the Big Catch by Chris Matyszczyk, Owner, Howard Raucous LLC, PUBLISHED ON: APR 21, 2019 link

One such gathering, hosted by American Airlines, took plane recently in Dallas. Only so-called Concierge Key customers were invited.

Helpfully, an attendee slipped onto the Flyer Talk forums to disclose a little of what American Airlines' executives apparently said in the hallowed confines of this private affair.

Rowingman -- for that is his Flyer Talk handle -- revealed the airline's executives are aware of some passengers' unhappiness, especially the new Oasis configuration in which the airline has tried to stuff as many seats in as possible and graced Economy Class with tiny bathrooms.

It's even reduced the legroom in First Class. Which seems like precisely the sort of the thing that would make a Concierge Key member grind their key ring into their teeth.

Rowingman offered this big news: We talked about the Oasis seats a lot, and there was a wide acknowledgement from AA that they have an issue there, and that it will be addressed. They directly stated that the Oasis conversion has stopped until they 'fix' the seats in First, and that the seat was a miss.
iadisgreat likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:30 am
Suspended

You’re welcome
iadisgreat and econometrics like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Congratulations on getting your article posted Rowingman.

Very cool!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.