Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Concierge Key event in Dallas 11 Apr 2019...did anyone go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

I was invited, but could not attend. Curious to hear what was discussed and what it was like.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:54 pm

I didn’t; I can’t imagine very many non-local CK’s would attend unless by coincidence of long layover.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Based on where this lowly EXP seems to be on the upgrade list most of the time, it seems the majority of CKs live in DFW!
Dallas49er and MarkOK like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by FrogProf
Based on where this lowly EXP seems to be on the upgrade list most of the time, it seems the majority of CKs live in DFW!
To clarify, I don't live in Dallas, even though I live in DFW...
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
I was traveling through from LA, and booked a longer layover. It was a phenomenal event. I can't say enough good about it. Very generous of AA. Mr. Isom, Mr. Stache, Ms. Blaise-Shamai, and a retinue of other dedicated AA staff attended. Secrets were shared, comments exchanged, company was great.

I would tell you about the chilled lobster and caviar, but time does not permit. Thank you AA for the generosity and hospitality if you are reading this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: CK or bust
That explains it -

I thought that the cancellations this weekend were weather related
jcatman and ralphs like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
It seems like the OP is asking a legitimate question and if I were in their shoes and couldn't make the event I'd be curious what I missed as well.

We are now at like ~9'ish posts with nothing but sarcasm... does anyone actually have anything of value to share with the OP?

Regards
SK, SJOGuy and bchandler02 like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by scubadu
It seems like the OP is asking a legitimate question and if I were in their shoes and couldn't make the event I'd be curious what I missed as well.

We are now at like ~9'ish posts with nothing but sarcasm... does anyone actually have anything of value to share with the OP?

Regards
Joking aside, it would have been interesting to attend but alas, no CK for me.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by scubadu

Regards
Strange that you found a way to take it personally.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Strange that you found a way to take it personally.
Didn't take it personal at all, not in any way, shape, or form. You of all posters seem to prefer (demand?) value add information as opposed to non-value add "yuck yuck, back slapping banter" which seems to be what this thread is so far.

Regards
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
There’s a large private group on Facebook of AA EXPs and CKs, where the event was discussed by people that attended. Due to the private nature of the group I don’t want to repost the opinions of others on here, as a lowly EXP, I was not invited.
JDiver and aztimm like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
I really was there, and my comments beyond the lobster tails and caviar bit were not sarcasm. It was genuinely great.
BlatheringPenguin likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I'm guessing there wasn't a second showing of the song and dance from the last "unofficial" CK event, right?
AAdamE likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by skunker
I'm guessing there wasn't a second showing of the song and dance from the last "unofficial" CK event, right?
AA paid for event space at the Hyatt at DFW Airport, sent executives and invites to CKs. Not an unofficial event.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:56 am
Suspended

econometrics likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.