Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Concierge Key event in Dallas 11 Apr 2019...did anyone go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concierge Key event in Dallas 11 Apr 2019...did anyone go?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by rowingman
No mention. Although I will editorialize that the new streaming wifi is better than the seat back video. Just one opinion.
I agree with this view point. And maintenance costs for AA are reduced. I have had some pretty good FA service in Y this month, and the wifi on my own device has been a plus. But no invitation and I do love lobster
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Why is streaming WiFi video on your device better? More content? Bigger screen?

I’m usually working on my device while I watch. Except if I’m eating while I’m watching. Neither seem to be possible without seatback video, but maybe I haven’t figured it out yet.
Smrtmom1 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
3 years as a CK, and I was never invited to an event.....

I was told it was my poor attitude.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Interesting comments and feedback.

That their IT and planning worked really well and that things were as good as they probably could have been during the integration.

The merger wasnt the shares debacle at UA/CO, but the AA IT system is bonafide garbage.
Smrtmom1 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
Why is streaming WiFi video on your device better? More content? Bigger screen?

I’m usually working on my device while I watch. Except if I’m eating while I’m watching. Neither seem to be possible without seatback video, but maybe I haven’t figured it out yet.
the height of the IFE screen is the primary selling point for me. On my laptop or surface, my neck is pointed downwards.

never noticed it until recently. But after 3 months of a horrendous rhomboid strain, that little bit of height makes a world of difference for good posture and back health.
Smrtmom1 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Delta just posted a pic on Instagram clearly aimed at AA/UA where on a night flight nearly most of the pax were using their screens.

Comments about AA are abundant and their removing screens.
Spanish and Smrtmom1 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by rowingman
I am not on facebook or other social media (linkedin excepted), but there were a couple questions posed above.

Thank you again to AA for the hospitality and generosity to host the event.
Some excellent informations here, hopefully the Oasis First Class is redone. That's the biggest thing I'm taking out of this. Sounds like you were able to discuss quite a bit during your time at the event, thanks for taking time to share these informations with us.

I also think that AA is definitely listening to the discussions that rowingman and other CK status flyers had during the event. They went through considerable expense and made plenty of upper level employees available, and it sounds like they wanted to get some informations from their highest value and most frequent flyers.

Fingers crossed on OASIS F!
JDiver, Antarius and Smrtmom1 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Do we have any info regarding the other elite level appreciation events? Any dates or locations?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Well, I have reservations about AA targeting the only most elite of all their travelers for their opinions. For sure I'd like to be considered for CK status.It's not a burning desire of mine, though. However, there is a quid pro quo. CKs, while high revs, are less likely to leave AA once they've reached the pinnacle. AA should be listening more to their mid-level elites, Plat/Plat Pro, as they seem to be more easily dissatisfied and more likely to take their $$ elsewhere. Lesser elites tend to be more disenfranchised.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Well, I have reservations about AA targeting the only most elite of all their travelers for their opinions. For sure I'd like to be considered for CK status.It's not a burning desire of mine, though. However, there is a quid pro quo. CKs, while high revs, are less likely to leave AA once they've reached the pinnacle. AA should be listening more to their mid-level elites, Plat/Plat Pro, as they seem to be more easily dissatisfied and more likely to take their $$ elsewhere. Lesser elites tend to be more disenfranchised.
Since lower levels will spend more of their time in Y certainly they are impacted more by Oasis. I find using my own device in Y a pain. There's only so much room for my tablet, my phone, and what I'm eating and drinking. A free drink in MCE is a nice touch though, albeit it was started by DL. The next thing I see coming is limiting recline and giving AA the ability to put in even more seats.

My sense is that these CK events are nothing more than high end dog and pony shows.
infinite97 and Smrtmom1 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
...The next thing I see coming is limiting recline and giving AA the ability to put in even more seats.
No
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
I disagree. My uncle, for example, flies paid J everywhere- if an airline yanks his chain too much or offers a sub par product, he will find somewhere else and someone else to fly.

I, on the other hand, buy Y domestically almost exclusively. So upgrades, the program etc. Are what I can get. IMO, I am a much more captive audience than a ultra high value customer.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by JonNYC
No
Probably not on the 321 because of additional FA. And maybe not today on other a/c. But if fuel costs continue to rise or there's a slowdown in the economy AA (and other airlines) are going to be hunting for additional sources of revenue to offset. Unfortunately the Wall Street vampires will demand it.
LINDEGR and GunsOfNavarone like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
My sense is that these CK events are nothing more than high end dog and pony shows.

+1
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
+1
Depends on how you define "high end," I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.