Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you undo a seat reservation?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Can you undo a seat reservation?

Just booked a flight and selected the last 2 available seats in Y. MCE was completely wide open but not worth paying the premium for such a a short flight. However, I realized that once AA sells all the economy seats (which they probably will since WN has removed their flight at the same time) they will likely re-seat anyone without a seat in MCE. The problem is I can't undo my seat assignment online and leave it unselected. It's an RJ so no middle seats, so I'm willing to take the change we'll end up being upgraded to MCE. Does anyone know how I can "undo" a seat assignment?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HGPilot
Just booked a flight and selected the last 2 available seats in Y. MCE was completely wide open but not worth paying the premium for such a a short flight. However, I realized that once AA sells all the economy seats (which they probably will since WN has removed their flight at the same time) they will likely re-seat anyone without a seat in MCE. The problem is I can't undo my seat assignment online and leave it unselected. It's an RJ so no middle seats, so I'm willing to take the change we'll end up being upgraded to MCE. Does anyone know how I can "undo" a seat assignment?
Just call AA and ask an agent to unassign.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by HGPilot
unless you are flying on BE fare, once there are no free seats left you may have to check in at the counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.