AA - LAX to EZE connection in DFW

Old Mar 24, 19, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

AA - LAX to EZE connection in DFW

We are choosing our flights from LAX to EZE (Buenos Aires) for December 2019. American Airlines has a flight that meets our criteria with a layover in DFW. I'm looking for advise on what I should be concerned about. I'm assuming since we are staying with the same airlines that our luggage will be transferred but what about having to go through security again since this is an international connection and how long of a layover is long enough, our options are 1.5 hours, 3 hours or 4 hours. Thank you!
Old Mar 24, 19, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Luggage should be checked through on the outbound to EZE but you will have to collect it coming back to the US and recheck. I would be comfortable with 1.5 hours but if there's a problem somewhere there's not a ton of room for correction. If that worries you take the 3 or 4 hours. In the end, nothing's guaranteed.

You will not have to go through security again on the outbound, but will on the return. On the return, you will pass through immigration, collect your bag and pass through customs, re-check, then pass through security again to make your domestic connection.
Old Mar 24, 19, 7:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Slokat View Post
We are choosing our flights from LAX to EZE (Buenos Aires) for December 2019. American Airlines has a flight that meets our criteria with a layover in DFW. I'm looking for advise on what I should be concerned about. I'm assuming since we are staying with the same airlines that our luggage will be transferred but what about having to go through security again since this is an international connection and how long of a layover is long enough, our options are 1.5 hours, 3 hours or 4 hours. Thank you!
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

You’ll be fine and stay airside outbound at DFW. I’d possibly give myself a longer connection because there aren’t many alternatives to BsAs / EZE if your LAX flight is late.

Personally, on your return I’d not select any connection of under three hours. You’ll arrive at Terminal D, disembark and have to proceed through immigration, collect your baggage, process customs, turn your bags in just after the customs facility. If your travel is on the same ticket, that’s all you’ll have to do because your baggage should be tagged through to LAX.

You’ll have to process security to return airside, and the connection to your departure terminal will be easy. See AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc the Wikipost at the top of the page has maps and more.
MarkY123 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 19, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for the advise and the link to the guide. Our return flight is non stop which is ending up to be a better deal than I thought! In order to do a non stop going we would have to move up our trip by 2 weeks or pay upwards of $3k for a roundtrip ticket.
JDiver and Antarius like this.

Search this Thread