Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Fare Class

Hi,

I am fairly new to the American Airlines forum since I don't fly with them much. I do have a question regarding booking on AA.com. I remember we used to be able to see the fare class of the ticket, buw now all it is telling me is whether it is Basic Economy or Main Cabin etc. Is there still a way to find out the fare class when I book?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Yes, on the final screen where you enter payment, there's a link to see detailed fare rules.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, if you click the "Details" link when looking at a flight fare listing, it will tell you the booking class of each cabin in the fare listing. If you are looking at the fare basis code in the fare rules, be aware that the booking class isn't always the first letter of the fare basis code. For discount F fares, the booking class is actually the second to last letter in the fare basis code.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 23, 2019 at 7:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.