Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA coach award ticket DBV-PHX on 767 or Norwegian revenue??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA coach award ticket DBV-PHX on 767 or Norwegian revenue??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:06 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Maybe consider different entry/departure points in Europe and then take the train into Croatia.
OP is originating in Croatia. Taking a train to even the close AA gateways would probably be inconveniently long, even if it means avoiding the 767. I concur with the comments that it's not a bad plane at all, even in coach, that I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid it.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Maybe consider different entry/departure points in Europe and then take the train into Croatia.
Actually, your idea gave me an idea...we are going to flip the Croatia part of our trip around and fly into Dubrovnik (from Spain on Iberia), work our way up the country rather than down the country, and fly out of Venice on AA on an Airbus 330 that has window/aisle seats together AND a personal entertainment system. Actually the flights worked out better overall. Thanks for making me think differently! I also appreciate everyone's warning about the low-cost carriers because we will be on day 89-90 of our Schengen allowable days so we won't have extra days for a hiccup like an airline BK.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemiana
Actually, your idea gave me an idea...we are going to flip the Croatia part of our trip around and fly into Dubrovnik (from Spain on Iberia), work our way up the country rather than down the country, and fly out of Venice on AA on an Airbus 330 that has window/aisle seats together AND a personal entertainment system. Actually the flights worked out better overall. Thanks for making me think differently! I also appreciate everyone's warning about the low-cost carriers because we will be on day 89-90 of our Schengen allowable days so we won't have extra days for a hiccup like an airline BK.

You’re welcome. Sometimes you just have to think a bit different to get it all done, regardless of which direction you’re going. Glad your trip is working out. ^

Split is a great city. Would love to go back some day.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
Just to clarify a piece of information here, while it is a beautiful country and an EU member, Croatia is not in the Schengen area.

If you are worried about hiccups leading to a potential overstay, this might actually be an argument for ending the trip in Croatia, rather than going back into the Schengen zone at the end to catch a flight from Venice. Assuming a US passport, you will be issued a 90 day Croatia-specific on arrival in Croatia. In addition, if you drive from Dubrovnik up to Split or vice versa, you will pass through Bosnia, which is not in the EU or Schengen area.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
as a couple, the 2-3-2 arrangement of the 67 is a plus
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PHL
While it’s true there are no personal TVs at every seat, The AA 767-300 has WiFi which will allow you to watch their movies and TV shows if you have a laptop, tablet or smartphone. There are also main screens around the cabin showing movies you can watch with headphones.

I would shy away from booking Norwegian at the moment.
I wouldnt shy away from Nowegian but Id only buy a tkt using a CC that will refund me in case of any cancellation.

That said if I was the OP I wouldnt buy Norwegian, ONLY because they will have to connect to another carrier, in case the flight is CXed or delayed it may be a hassle in getting to PHX. Then again I refuse to fly on a AA 763 unless its a short domestic flight, and 1 reason Im flying To Europe with AA (332) but back on *A as ZRH would have been a 763.

OP Id look to fly 1 carrier the whle way or with the same Alliance just in case anything hits the fan, youd be better protected
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
I’ve flown in Y in an AA 763 recently and I found it comfortable.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by wetrat0
Just to clarify a piece of information here, while it is a beautiful country and an EU member, Croatia is not in the Schengen area.

If you are worried about hiccups leading to a potential overstay, this might actually be an argument for ending the trip in Croatia, rather than going back into the Schengen zone at the end to catch a flight from Venice. Assuming a US passport, you will be issued a 90 day Croatia-specific on arrival in Croatia. In addition, if you drive from Dubrovnik up to Split or vice versa, you will pass through Bosnia, which is not in the EU or Schengen area.
We will be in Schengen countries for 89 days with one day to spare, and the rest in non-Schengen.

We will be on AA VCE-PHL-PHX. It will be good. Plus I get 10% miles back since I have the Citi Platinum AAdvantage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.