Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia award booking outage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Iberia award booking outage

I tried to book an award flight on Iberia on AA.com on Thursday and when I selected the flight I got a page saying the flight is no longer available. I called AA and they said theres an issue with their link to Iberia and they cant book any award travel on IB at the moment. Tried again this afternoon and the same thing happened. Call AA and they gave me the same story. No estimate for when the outage will be fixed. Anyone else encounter this?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Yes just experienced the same. Very frustrating.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Phantom / false AA award availability with AA partners (master thd)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It could well be a phantom, but I might try AA Germany web (select English if necessary). My understanding is they use Amadeus (as do “Australia” and “New Zealand”, both actually Mindpearl’s offices in Suva, Fiji). No idea if they’d work, but they do with Etihad, and I don’t know if the glitch is actually Iberia and Resiber (Iberia’s PSS) or AA Sabre or their interface. But if you want to try, please let us know if it works or not.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: n/a
Its not phantom availability. I am having the same issue OP.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I tried the Germany site

as soon as I said I wanted to use miles, took be back to USA site, and back to the fantasy flights
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Its not phantom I think. IB and BA showed the same space and I was able to book with BA Avios. Multiple AA agents confirmed for me that there was an IB booking outage on their side.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’d still recommend calling Fiji, Er, “Australia” 02-9101-1948 or “New Zealand” 09-308-4014. If they can find it and put it on hold, you should be able to book online. Or just book, and there should be no fee given it can’t currently be booked online.

Sorry the German website defaulted back to the US. Their number is 069-2999-3234.

Good luck!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you for the tip, but after holding for an hour, sadly the Fiji call center cannot book Iberia awards either The agents can see the inventory (as can the US agents), and they are temporarily fooled into thinking they can book it- and BOOM “Iberia has come back stating that they cannot confirm this itinerary”.

This is so frustrating.

Originally Posted by JDiver
I’d still recommend calling Fiji, Er, “Australia” 02-9101-1948 or “New Zealand” 09-308-4014. If they can find it and put it on hold, you should be able to book online. Or just book, and there should be no fee given it can’t currently be booked online.

Sorry the German website defaulted back to the US. Their number is 069-2999-3234.

Good luck!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Iberia redemption - not possible temporarily?

Iberia redemptions are currently not possible on the AA website or via call centers.

Anyone know why this is the case? And how soon this will be fixed?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
Iberia redemptions are currently not possible on the AA website or via call centers.

Anyone know why this is the case? And how soon this will be fixed?
AA has no idea. So frustrating. So hard to find award space as is, and to have this type of IT inconvenience is ridiculous.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:30 pm
Suspended

AA.com shows U class availability for JFK-MAD-xxx for one date that I was looking for, but of course I can't book it.
EF doesn't show any availability on that date, so maybe there's some phantom availability issue as well?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Same issue. ba/ib sites are showing space, so does aa.com but can't book it- they usual "flights no longer available" message. called in but rep/help desk weren't able to book it either, they said they have issues with ib awards. great...

ps: the other way I saw mad-bos available and it did let me go thru with the booking. bummer that's not my ideal flight.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Sadly days later this is still a problem.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
IB saver J showing on AA but EF is zero across the board.

Phantom.
GFrye likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.