Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

platinum seats in main cabin extra, splitting PNR and others lost MCE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

platinum seats in main cabin extra, splitting PNR and others lost MCE

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 12:02 pm

Executive platinum 3 on reservation questions

Just hit Plat executive. Often fly as 3 . I have tried as Plat Pro to call as required to be put on list for all 3 to upgrade , but has not happened. What are my strategies to enhance getting if not all of us upgraded at least 2 of us and being able to keep the third (if not upgraded) in a MCE seat? thanks
Old Nov 18, 2022, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Markjt1024
Just hit Plat executive. Often fly as 3 . I have tried as Plat Pro to call as required to be put on list for all 3 to upgrade , but has not happened. What are my strategies to enhance getting if not all of us upgraded at least 2 of us and being able to keep the third (if not upgraded) in a MCE seat? thanks
For comp upgrades, as an AA elite you can upgrade 1 companion, not 2. There are no strategies to getting more than companion on the upgrade list as it's not possible.

But if you are ok upgrading only 1 companion, then after you make a booking just call AA and have them put you and whichever companion you want to upgrade on the waitist. The 3rd companion will keep their MCE seats.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. So I am wasting my by even trying per AA website:

Call Reservations to request an upgrade if:

• There are more than two passengers in your reservation
Another question I have a companion certificate from credit card spend. If i book using this would I still get to pick MCE seats and be eligible for upgrades?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:15 pm

Also can I book under my exe plat status 2 reservations same flight - myself and companion on one and third person on other and get MCE seating and/or upgrade chance on both reservations?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the reply. So I am wasting my by even trying per AA website:

Call Reservations to request an upgrade if:

• There are more than two passengers in your reservation
Another question I have a companion certificate from credit card spend. If i book using this would I still get to pick MCE seats and be eligible for upgrades?
Yea, you're wasting your time even trying, it's not possible.

The only reason that aa.com says that is because if you have more than one companion, the system doesn't automatically request upgrades for any of you (including yourself). It doesn't know which companion you'd like to upgrade so it defaults to requesting upgrades for none of you; If you do want to upgrade just yourself and one companion you need to call AA so an agent can set up the request.

And if you book your companion using a companion cert I would assume it would be no problem to get them MCE seats and on the upgrade list, although I've never done it personally. MCE seats should for sure be no problem.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also can I book under my exe plat status 2 reservations same flight - myself and companion on one and third person on other and get MCE seating and/or upgrade chance on both reservations?
Again you cannot upgrade more than one companion. It is no problem to call AA and get multiple companions seated with you in MCE, it doesn't matter if they're on separate reservations, but you have to call. But you cannot get that other companion on the upgrade list as you would already have a companion on the upgrade list from your first reservation.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:21 pm

thank you again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.