Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which Airbus A321 / 321 / 321T / A321neo / 32Q, A321XLR, Oasis, LAA, LUS, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

AA recently changed the nomenclature of the AA A321-200 fleet. Currently, AA lists the following in its schedules:

321: includes all Airbus A321-200 aircraft except the A321T / 32B transcontinental three class A321-200 and the new A321neo / 32Q / A321-253NX RC.

The internal designation 321H (ETOPS Hawaii service) will be replaced by A321neo as they become available; the Legacy American Airlines 321S two class standard Airbus A321-200 with Sharklets winglets and the Legacy US Airways A321 will be virtually indistinguishable as they’re all converted to the densified Project Oasis standard with Rockwell Collins MiQ First and Meridian Main Cabin / MCE seats.
Link to LAA A321 / 321 two class First / Business Seat (pre-Oasis) thread

Link to LAA Airbus “321” A321 2-class pre-Oasis Best Main Cabin & MCE seat thread
32B: only the A321T transcontinental three class A321-200
Link to Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats thread

Link to Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class thread
32Q: the new A321neo (new engine option) 321NX (Cabin Flex), full designation A321-253NX RC, which has 2L and 2R doors deleted and a significantly different layout.
Link to 32Q First / Business MiQ seats thread

Link to 32Q Main Cabin / MCE Meridian seats thread
unk: the new A321XLR (Extra Long Range) narrowbody longhaul replacement for 757, 767, 50 ordered June 2019. Deliveries pending 2023-2025.
Link to A321XLR purchase announcement thread
The obsolete nomenclature was: 321, LUS A321 with conventional wingtip devices; 32B, LAA A321 with Sharklets wingtip devices. The 32B designation included A321H, -S and -T, making it confusing to know which A321 you were flying.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Can anyone tell me what variant of A321 this is? I cannot find it on seatguru or this forum(but I may be missing it). Row 10 (right hand side) is only row with 2 seats on entire plane.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:08 am

https://www.aerolopa.com/aa-airbus-a321k
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Hi AA folks. UA regular here, trying to make heads or tails of the AA A321 fleet, and in particular the seat maps. Did some searching and quite a bit of reading and trying to figure out what seat configuration my 10-Nov AA8828 DCA-MIA flight is. Now I have a headache - there sure is a lot to all this.

I think I have it figured out, in fact, I think the aircraft in question is the same as the previous two posts in this thread. Here is the seat map I'm seeing on the AA site. So my question regards 11A-C. Do they have under-seat storage? Some seat reviews talk about something blocking access to row 10, but, those reviews were for what seems to be slightly different variants. I am a tall guy, and need lots of leg room, any reason to avoid 11A-C? I could go for Row 24, but, I hate people standing around in front of me and assuming that would happen in that row with people waiting for the lav. anything else I should know about?

Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; HH Gold; Bonvoy Gold; Wynd Diamond
Originally Posted by jerseytom
Informative post and Wiki.

Is there a timeline on this whole "Project Oasis" thing? Flying out of CLT, obviously a lot of direct flights on AA... I don't know if I'm more likely to be on LUS planes given the airport or if they're just randomly distributed, but the cabin refit can't come soon enough. Lack of seatback IFE doesn't matter to me, but lack of power is a real drain (pun intended!)
Originally Posted by PATRLR
Hi AA folks. UA regular here, trying to make heads or tails of the AA A321 fleet, and in particular the seat maps. Did some searching and quite a bit of reading and trying to figure out what seat configuration my 10-Nov AA8828 DCA-MIA flight is. Now I have a headache - there sure is a lot to all this.

I think I have it figured out, in fact, I think the aircraft in question is the same as the previous two posts in this thread. Here is the seat map I'm seeing on the AA site. So my question regards 11A-C. Do they have under-seat storage? Some seat reviews talk about something blocking access to row 10, but, those reviews were for what seems to be slightly different variants. I am a tall guy, and need lots of leg room, any reason to avoid 11A-C? I could go for Row 24, but, I hate people standing around in front of me and assuming that would happen in that row with people waiting for the lav. anything else I should know about?

I believe AA has completed its oasis/Kodak of all of the legacy 321s. Such that there are now the Neo, the transcon, and the ‘k’ configuration. Your seatmap above is the ‘k’ and can be view as stated above at: https://www.aerolopa.com/aa-airbus-a321k

row 11 has plenty of legroom, but actually even more on the D-F side of the plane.
PATRLR likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
Originally Posted by PATRLR
So my question regards 11A-C. Do they have under-seat storage? Some seat reviews talk about something blocking access to row 10, but, those reviews were for what seems to be slightly different variants. I am a tall guy, and need lots of leg room, any reason to avoid 11A-C? I could go for Row 24, but, I hate people standing around in front of me and assuming that would happen in that row with people waiting for the lav. anything else I should know about?

My husband and I were in 11B/C last night, with 11A empty. Plenty of legroom and underseat storage for all three, but speaking as a window seat person, I’d avoid 11A. The door design makes the seat feel really cramped. There are a few more inches of legroom in 11D-F, but you’ll also have more activity on that side with the FA getting in and out of the jumpseat. (And I’d avoid 11F for the same reason as 11A.)

But IMO, Row 11 is definitely your best MCE option on this configuration.

PATRLR likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by Kawliga
speaking as a window seat person, I’d avoid 11A. The door design makes the seat feel really cramped. [...] (And I’d avoid 11F for the same reason as 11A.)
I've never sat in 11F (I prefer D on 11,) but on aeroLOPA, it appears that 11F is setback a few inches further from the door than 11A. I have sat in 24F, which is even further back than both the 11x window seats and the door hardware is no problem. Just guessing, but 11F looks like it would be right on the edge of comfortable. (It is also a problem on the NEO, where the seat is even relatively more forward than the Kodiak'd 11A.)

It's a dichotomy back at 24D-F. No FA in the way, plenty of legroom, a good window seat, but the mid-cabin lav is right there (which is good and bad) and you're 13 rows further away when getting off the plane. 24F is my 'default' seat.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by JBKettle
I've never sat in 11F (I prefer D on 11,) but on aeroLOPA, it appears that 11F is setback a few inches further from the door than 11A.
I don't remember it being father away from the door than 11A or 24F, however, it has a lot of legroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.