Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

arrival lounge (no) and alternatives in AMS / Amsterdam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, I am flying in J to AMS in a few weeks, and need to meet up with a colleague that's coming on a separate flight a few hours behind me. Is there a lounge I can use upon my arrival while I wait? Is there a way for me to stay in the terminal to wait? I assume I will be better off if I don't check luggage because then I do not have to go right to immigration, if that's an option.

Thanks for any assistance!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Not sure of your status, but there is a BA lounge that's accessible to OW Emerald and Sapphire, as well as an Aspire Lounge. Also says, "Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline", which is a little ambiguous but you can probably get into at least one of them.

Other lounges can be found here: https://www.amsterdamtips.com/schiphol-airport-lounges
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bscooter26
Not sure of your status, but there is a BA lounge that's accessible to OW Emerald and Sapphire
Thank you! I am OW Sapphire. But do they allow pax to use the lounge as an arrivals lounge? Am I able to delay going through immigration to get to it?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Exp
According to the second link, there are no dedicated arrivals lounges, but nearby shower facilities you can rent for a small fee. I've never flown through AMS but I wouldn't bet on being able to access any of the airside lounges with an international arrival.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by o2bmmw
Thank you! I am OW Sapphire. But do they allow pax to use the lounge as an arrivals lounge? Am I able to delay going through immigration to get to it?
AMS is set up in a way that does not require you to immediately exit immigration - arriving and departing pax intermingle. So you can access the terminal prior to clearing entry immigration.

That said oneworld lounges are departure lounges (unless specifically designated as arrivals lounges). I don't think you can use the BA lounge as an arrivals lounge, without an onward oneworld flight.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
There’s no specific arrivals lounge outside of security at Schiphol other than a Regis Express lounge / office etc. near the train station. And for oneworld access to work for oneworld lounges, you must be departing on a oneworld flight.

There are two Aspire lounges (T1, T3) accessible via Priority Pass and pay, iirc. The T3 lounge offers showers. The listings also state “Maximum 3 hour stay prior to flight departures“, so you might not be granted access.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by bse118
AMS is set up in a way that does not require you to immediately exit immigration - arriving and departing pax intermingle. So you can access the terminal prior to clearing entry immigration.
Thats no longer necessarily the case. AMS has built an arrivals corridor on top of the departures wing that is used for arrivals from countries they consider less than stellar in the security department, as well as flights on known drug smuggling routes. (Presumably an AA flight is not from either of these, though.)
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Djokison

Thats no longer necessarily the case. AMS has built an arrivals corridor on top of the departures wing that is used for arrivals from countries they consider less than stellar in the security department, as well as flights on known drug smuggling routes. (Presumably an AA flight is not from either of these, though.)
Thanks,. Interesting - did not know that. My last AMS arrival was in July of 2018.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do the Priority Pass lounges in AMS ask for outbound boarding passes when accessing? That would be the deciding factor if these are accessible upon arrival for PP holders.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:02 am

You could try the Yotel and Mercure - both have pay showers.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do the Priority Pass lounges in AMS ask for outbound boarding passes when accessing? That would be the deciding factor if these are accessible upon arrival for PP holders.
Yes, they do.

I don’t know if the fee based Aspire lounges can be used is arrivals lounges, but there are links to them on the AMS page at sleepinginairports.net here: https://www.sleepinginairports.net/g...de.htm#lounges
Old Oct 6, 2019, 4:43 am

You could just purchase the shower at the aspire lounges. I dont think that priority pass covers shower access anyway.

let us know what you do and how well it works!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.