Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Hub City Pairs for Mainline American

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Had no idea. We've flown DCA-JFK-EGE a few times, never noticed an LGA. Good to have the option, though it looks like not many frequencies.
I assume the frequency is 1x weekly as EGE is outside of the LGA 1500 mi perimeter, which does not apply on Saturdays, so AA cannot run it on any other day.
platbrownguy and LovePrunes like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
The discussion about DCA and LGA not being hubs is silly. AA considers both of them to be hubs. Both airports have crew bases, numerous flights to non-hub cities, and plenty of connecting traffic.

Originally Posted by http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2018/American-Airlines-Celebrates-Unveiling-of-New-Concourse-at-New-Yorks-LaGuardia-Airport/default.aspx
LGA is not American’s only hub or gateway getting an extreme makeover. With its airport partners, American has spent and committed billions of dollars for projects at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Miami International Airport (MIA), Reagan National Airport (DCA) in Washington, D.C., O’Hare International Airport (ORD) in Chicago and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), where the airline recently broke ground on a $1.6 billion project.
The only non-hub mainline route that anyone has named is RDU-LHR, which was kept through the "cornerstone" years because of a revenue guarantee. Of course LHR is the hub for the AA/BA JV even if it's not an AA hub.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
what is scary is the claim that AA is the third largest airline at LHR...
I haven't found recent stats, but I think that's right. They're definitely #3 in number of routes (nine), and I think they carry more passengers than EK or EI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.