Wiki Posts
Search

Advance Boarding pass PEK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Advance Boarding pass PEK

Arriving PEK in T3 in May via CA @0530hrs and departing 12hrs later on AA to LAX(T2?) Using my AS FF#, so obtaining advance boarding pass seems impossible.
How can I obtain a BP to access T3 before check-in opens 10 hrs after my arrival? I don't really want to go into the city to pass the time - would much rather go to a club.
Thanks in advance for any work-around on this issue
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by bobblevins
Arriving PEK in T3 in May via CA @0530hrs and departing 12hrs later on AA to LAX(T2?) Using my AS FF#, so obtaining advance boarding pass seems impossible.
How can I obtain a BP to access T3 before check-in opens 10 hrs after my arrival? I don't really want to go into the city to pass the time - would much rather go to a club.
Your frequent flyer number should have no bearing on whether you can check-in online or not. When I'm flying to the US, I find that online check-in rarely works anyway as you frequently need to have doc checks/verification in person at the airport. According to aa.com the PEK check-in counters open at 2:30pm, so unfortunately I'd try to find something to do for that 9 hrs or so.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...ek-airport.jsp
aztimm and GFrye like this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:32 am
Suspended

9 hours in the Air China business lounge?
Ouch!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bobblevins
AA FF numbers are not normally needed to check in at AA.COM to get a BP emailed to you. The webpage just asks for First Name, last name, and record locator
I have never tried this fro a departure from PEK
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by mvoight
AA FF numbers are not normally needed to check in at AA.COM to get a BP emailed to you. The webpage just asks for First Name, last name, and record locator
I have never tried this fro a departure from PEK
What you describe works for domestic travel, but international always seems to require "live" check in.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Trust me you’ll be wanting to climb walls if you stay in PEK for longer than the absolutely necessary, and that means two hours from entering the airport door.

Get on the 25 Yuan airport city train if you don’t have luggage and go walk around the city, get some local food etc. it’s much better than staying at the absurd lounges at PEK or anywhere in mainland China. Even a Starbucks will do better than that!

On topic AA doesn’t seem to issue online checkin passes ex-PEK so you might be out of luck. But there are kiosks at T2 where AA departs and I’ve been able to use them before, but it was about half a year ago. YMMV.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
I would take a hotel room in Beijing and relax for a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.