Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

First Upgrade as a Plat-BP Problems. Resolved at Airport but Weird

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

I am on a Platinum challenge and something weird happened yesterday/today for a flight this afternoon CLT-DFW-SEA. Yesterday, I was confirmed in F DFW-SEA. I was able to check in and select 2F for my seat. However, I couldn't get a BP. The only BP displayed was CLT-DFW-still in Y. No big deal I thought, I'll just get it at CLT when I show up for the flight.

Today, I get to the airport and go to a kiosk to print the BP's. Go through the process and neither print. I get security docs for both flights-and no seats assigned. I could no longer pull the CLT-DFW BP up on the app either. Weird.

Anyway, I went to the counter. Took them a while, but I got BP's for both flights with correct seats.

Did this have anything to do with the upgrade or some other glitch? I've never gotten security docs in all my years of flying. (I was here two hours before departure.)
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I am on a Platinum challenge and something weird happened yesterday/today for a flight this afternoon CLT-DFW-SEA. Yesterday, I was confirmed in F DFW-SEA. I was able to check in and select 2F for my seat. However, I couldn't get a BP. The only BP displayed was CLT-DFW-still in Y. No big deal I thought, I'll just get it at CLT when I show up for the flight.

Today, I get to the airport and go to a kiosk to print the BP's. Go through the process and neither print. I get security docs for both flights-and no seats assigned. I could no longer pull the CLT-DFW BP up on the app either. Weird.

Anyway, I went to the counter. Took them a while, but I got BP's for both flights with correct seats.

Did this have anything to do with the upgrade or some other glitch? I've never gotten security docs in all my years of flying. (I was here two hours before departure.)
comp upgrade DFW-SEA as a plat? I would just count your blessing based on that alone. No upgrade for me tomorrow for this routing and I'm sure I'll be in the mid teens on the UG list.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
No I used 500 mile certs. I have tons from years ago I’ve never used.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No I used 500 mile certs. I have tons from years ago I’ve never used.
so a plat using 500 milers is > exp for a comp upgrade? I had no idea. Learn something new everyday.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
so a plat using 500 milers is > exp for a comp upgrade? I had no idea. Learn something new everyday.
The flight is today. I don't know what order it was. I got my notice at the 24 hour mark yesterday. I am 16 out of 20 for the CLT-DFW leg...... Not holding my breath.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The flight is today. I don't know what order it was. I got my notice at the 24 hour mark yesterday. I am 16 out of 20 for the CLT-DFW leg...... Not holding my breath.
Did any of your boarding passes have the dreaded SSSS?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
No EXP will still take priority like normal. Different flights have different loads. I've gotten upgrades from DFW-SFO and DFW-SEA as a plat in various directions. I've then also been an EXP and not gotten upgrades on those flights as well.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Did any of your boarding passes have the dreaded SSSS?

No the counter agent out of security issues me two normal boarding passes. Now let’s see if they work.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
No the counter agent out of security issues me two normal boarding passes. Now let’s see if they work.
Nothing more than a weird glitch of some sort, who knows, glad they got it sorted. It definitely shouldn't have anything to do with your upgrades.
Mr. Vker likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Nothing more than a weird glitch of some sort, who knows, glad they got it sorted. It definitely shouldn't have anything to do with your upgrades.
AA IT. Last time I flew I had some weird mobile boarding pass glitch and had to go to an agent, the computer ended up printing out about 6 or 7 different boarding passes and agent had to sort through them to find the right ones. Welcome to the club.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
comp upgrade DFW-SEA as a plat? I would just count your blessing based on that alone. No upgrade for me tomorrow for this routing and I'm sure I'll be in the mid teens on the UG list.
I don't believe the OP ever mentioned it being a "comp upgrade" or anything even remotely related to PLTs having priority above EXPs... confused by the quoted posts.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by metallo
I don't believe the OP ever mentioned it being a "comp upgrade" or anything even remotely related to PLTs having priority above EXPs... confused by the quoted posts.
In the sense of this thread, "comp upgrade" = 500 mi sticker upgrade = EXP unlimited domestic upgrade
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: American, Alaska, Hilton, Hyatt
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago - turns out my seat was double assigned for some reason! Got moved from 2A to 3D on a CR9 which solved the issue.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:49 pm

Same thing happened to me. I was flying SEA-DFW-ORD. SEA DFW leg got waitlisted and DFW-ORD was upgraded 2 days prior. When I checked in online at T-24 I only got boarding pass for DFW-SEA. Went to the airport and checked in again using kiosk. Got 2 security boarding passes with no seat assignment even tho i could see my seats assigned on the seat map. I went to see an agent who told me go to the gate and they will assign me seats there and kinda rolled her eyes. I insisted that I have a seat assigned already and she needs to manually check me in. She wasn’t happy but she tried to do it and 2 min later I got normal BPs.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gateH15
Same thing happened to me. I was flying SEA-DFW-ORD. SEA DFW leg got waitlisted and DFW-ORD was upgraded 2 days prior. When I checked in online at T-24 I only got boarding pass for DFW-SEA. Went to the airport and checked in again using kiosk. Got 2 security boarding passes with no seat assignment even tho i could see my seats assigned on the seat map. I went to see an agent who told me go to the gate and they will assign me seats there and kinda rolled her eyes. I insisted that I have a seat assigned already and she needs to manually check me in. She wasn’t happy but she tried to do it and 2 min later I got normal BPs.
That's actually kind of what happened today-though I just left that out. When I got the security passes, I went to the guy helping people at the self serve kiosks. He said you have to go to the gate nothing they could do. I was walking to D security to use Precheck and saw the line for F and Elites check in was wide open so I stopped there. Three people worked on it and got me BP's. There were confused as to how I was checked in for one segment, not checked in for the other and getting the security docs. They had no issues at all helping me and got the BP's.

All travel went well. No issues on either leg-though the post above indicating someone had a dupe seat under similar circumstances made me a little concerned. There were 20 people on the upgrade list for DFW-SEA at time of departure. I seriously do not understand how I got that F seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.