Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation Advice, Ticketing Failure

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Compensation Advice, Ticketing Failure

HI Guys,

Quick background of the crazy situation that I just experienced.

Purchased 2 round trips MTY-EGE for this upcoming weekend about 2 weeks ago at a AA office in MTY via credit card. Ticket were bought, Credit Card was charged via a CC terminal and all was good. 2 days before log in to check reservation and walla, no reservations to be found. Apparently AA never ticketed the reservation and I lost both my roundtrips. Head to the office and the staff pretty much gives me a run around of how my bank this and that when in reality the charge when through an I even have the CC printed receipt to prove it. They say call in and see what they can do.

End up buying two new tickets for a price around 300 USD more expensive and ended up with a MTY-EGE on a different Itin and a MTY-ASE since there was no more space of the DFW-EGE segment.

Call in and explain the situation and after a 2 hour call they say that the system had a bad day and that's the reason why my original tickets were never issued. They agree that AA is at fault and will refund the difference in fares to original prices.

Couple of hours later check the website and see availability for MTY-EGE and decide to call in. After 1 hour of wait I finally get the original itinerary back and the agent says that there is no sign of a refund to be processed. Basically agent 1 lied or the system decided not to proceed.

1 hour later another space is available so call agen to get that reservation back to its original and this time I have to fight a supervisor to agree to do it under the same conditions. Finally get it done and she also mentions that no refund has been requested.

So my question is at this point I am 6 hours into lost time due to a AA problem and still have to fight tomorrow to get the refund issued so at least another hour. What can I expect in terms of compensation if I decide to email CS. UA flyer here so not much experience with AA but on UA I would expect somewhere in the range of 200 ecert.

Cheers and TIA
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:11 pm

Email customer service and they will
pribabky throw some miles in your account.

Originally Posted by pmlflyer
HI Guys,

Quick background of the crazy situation that I just experienced.

Purchased 2 round trips MTY-EGE for this upcoming weekend about 2 weeks ago at a AA office in MTY via credit card. Ticket were bought, Credit Card was charged via a CC terminal and all was good. 2 days before log in to check reservation and walla, no reservations to be found. Apparently AA never ticketed the reservation and I lost both my roundtrips. Head to the office and the staff pretty much gives me a run around of how my bank this and that when in reality the charge when through an I even have the CC printed receipt to prove it. They say call in and see what they can do.

End up buying two new tickets for a price around 300 USD more expensive and ended up with a MTY-EGE on a different Itin and a MTY-ASE since there was no more space of the DFW-EGE segment.

Call in and explain the situation and after a 2 hour call they say that the system had a bad day and that's the reason why my original tickets were never issued. They agree that AA is at fault and will refund the difference in fares to original prices.

Couple of hours later check the website and see availability for MTY-EGE and decide to call in. After 1 hour of wait I finally get the original itinerary back and the agent says that there is no sign of a refund to be processed. Basically agent 1 lied or the system decided not to proceed.

1 hour later another space is available so call agen to get that reservation back to its original and this time I have to fight a supervisor to agree to do it under the same conditions. Finally get it done and she also mentions that no refund has been requested.

So my question is at this point I am 6 hours into lost time due to a AA problem and still have to fight tomorrow to get the refund issued so at least another hour. What can I expect in terms of compensation if I decide to email CS. UA flyer here so not much experience with AA but on UA I would expect somewhere in the range of 200 ecert.

Cheers and TIA
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Tend to agree. If you end up with what you were entitled to in the beginning, you'll get 5-10K miles, but that's about it.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:00 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Go to AA Refunds site (google it) and key in your own refund. Be prepared with a BRIEF (i.e., shorter than your OP) explanation. Something like "Bought tickets, credit card was charged, but somehow reservation was lost. AA staff said the system had a bad day. They encouraged me to apply for refund. The refund needs to make my total cost equal the actual original cost of the tickets, i.e. what I would have paid if the system worked correctly on the day I bought the tickets."

Write a separate email to AA customer relations (link is on AA.com, just google it) expressing how disappointed you were ,etc, and asking them if there's anything they normally do, to make up for the fact that a customer had to spend 7 hours straightening out tickets after an internal systems failure.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.