Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever get two guests into flagship?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever get two guests into flagship?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dickinson
If AA insists on enforcing its rules, you should go DYKWIA, and ask for 2 SWU's as compensation.
dont forget to post on social media too.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
or you could do what some kids I have seen do before.
just start crying out loud, that you really want it and make a fuss while laying on the floor, and that you wont behave unless you get what you want
chitink likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chitink
I’m flying J but they are Y.
Just tell them the 3 of ya'll will be rotating between the J and Y seats.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by chitink
I’m flying in July Internationally with two friends. I’m exp but they have no status.
Trying to figure out out how I could get them both in?

Pay for a ticket in Business for one of them, then that person buys you an economy ticket
Trade places on the plane, so you can sit in Business. This would enable 4 people access to the lounge
EXP and a guest, Business Class and a guest. Assuming separate PNRs, this gets the one with the business class ticket more checked bags

Last edited by mvoight; Jan 21, 2019 at 7:12 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Stripe
The BA rules are even tighter. I and three family members (all over 18) tried to get into the BA F lounges at LHR. Once in T5 and another time in T3. The other three family members were Plats, I was EXP, and everyone was traveling in J. I was allowed only one guest, no discussion. Not complaining, just noting BA's adherence to published rules and the overall tighter entry requirements to their F lounges. Similar to what AA's FL rules used to be.
When having myself of a travel party member in BA F, bringing in two guests into BA loiunges has been generally allowed to me even when the others are in economy class and/or without emerald/sapphire status. AA hasn’t been so generous for my travels in that regard.

BA has sometimes allowed me in with two guests even when I’m in business or economy, but AA has been more generous for my travels in this regard.

Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:23 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
At ORD FL, you can show up with Friend #1 , and go to the lounge. Then leave the lounge, return in a very short while with friend #2 .
jtav559 and chitink like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
At ORD FL, you can show up with Friend #1 , and go to the lounge. Then leave the lounge, return in a very short while with friend #2 .
But.........FT frowns on bypassing AA's Terms and Conditions
enpremiere likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dkc192
Sorry to be pedantic, but QF doesn't operate an F lounge at LHR--their lounge there is a combined J/F lounge. Or did you mean to say one of the other three true F lounges (CX, BA, or AA)?
Oops. Just looked back at a picture and it was the CX lounge and I was eating noodles. Duh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.