Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what "improvements" AA is making this weekend ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone know what "improvements" AA is making this weekend ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
On a positive note they rebooked me straight into 1st class which is nice even though my ticket is economy, so now I am flying CRW-CLT-PHX-SLC - I would of been pretty far down the upgrade list as a Plt Pro on the CLT-PHX segment.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:37 am

Great iT

What IT department thinks it’s OK to have a 3 day maintenance window. My CEO would fire our entire department if we even presented that idea as a viable solution. Wow.
wandering_fred and donotblink like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Wow this forum loves negativity. Also, everything seems to be back up for me. Warning about maintenance is gone and everything.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
Yes warning is gone. My Friday flight has not posted yet, but I gues it will take some time for the system to catch up.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by adunker
Wow this forum loves negativity. Also, everything seems to be back up for me. Warning about maintenance is gone and everything.
More like "wow, this forum is chock full of people that have witnessed AA IT FUBARs for many years and can't believe they are able to hundreds of planes in the air at the same time".
JDiver, SouthernCross and Gringa like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Beachfun71
Yes warning is gone. My Friday flight has not posted yet, but I gues it will take some time for the system to catch up.
my Friday flight has not posted either.
when I checked in for my flight tomorrow, the “add to wallet” button for the boarding pass looked different. Other than that, haven’t noticed any differences
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
My flights from Sunday still have not posted, but I suspect it is because I had to change the 4 times because of weather, crew rest and MX not because of the update.

Original Routing CRW-DCA-DFW-SLC - changed this when weather waiver became available, next routing
CRW-CLT-ORD-SLC - was notified at 2 AM that because of mandatory crew rest I would miss my CLT-ORD connection, next routing
CRW-CLT-PHX-SLC - Plane had a problem so our already delayed departure was delayed another hour or so, changed to
CRW-CLT-DFW-SLC - This one went off without a hitch.

Was pleasantly surprised to get a email from AA yesterday, they put 5K miles in my account for my problems, I did not b**ch about all this, all I did was ask twitter team why we were stuck on CRW as the pilot was not giving updates and of course the app still had us departing at 10:55 even though it was 11:30

Also when rebooking from the App it showed me a ton of choices and which class I would be in, since I was on an economy ticket and was a upgraded passenger it was nice to be able to book straight into 1st the whole way
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Could be the prep/testing for adding Premium Econ awards later this month.
Hope that’s the case. Other OW partners (and AS) can book PE awards on various flights offering this cabin (except for AA flights) so hope we get this enhancement before month’s end...also mileage Y>PE upgrades on international flights having that cabin.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shareholder

Hope that’s the case. Other OW partners (and AS) can book PE awards on various flights offering this cabin (except for AA flights) so hope we get this enhancement before month’s end...also mileage Y>PE upgrades on international flights having that cabin.
Last I heard, AA PE awards coming as soon as (late) next week
adunker likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Last I heard, AA PE awards coming as soon as (late) next week
What colour will it be? Or color? (Green for Y, blue for J, purple for F) I use these colours in my planning spreadsheets, and have gone for orange for PE. What will it really be??

Sorry, JonNYC, it's not a question for you !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.