Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Streaming Entertainment without headphone jack

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC

I tried to stream a movie over wifi, and it displays an error "Please connect headphones to enable audio playback." I am using a Google Pixel 3XL which does not include a headphone jack, but was connected to my Bose headset via Bluetooth.

While I appreciate that AA is trying to prevent people from playing movies on the speaker, surely I am not the first one to use a wireless headset, especially with so many new phones without headphone jacks. Does this work with iPhones or other Android phones, or is this an AA Android app issue?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AA PLAT
I was trying to stream on a flight last night with wired headphones and got the same error message. I then switched to my Apple Airpods and the audio worked. I think the system is just buggy.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by flightrisk
I tried to stream a movie over wifi, and it displays an error "Please connect headphones to enable audio playback." I am using a Google Pixel 3XL which does not include a headphone jack, but was connected to my Bose headset via Bluetooth.

While I appreciate that AA is trying to prevent people from playing movies on the speaker, surely I am not the first one to use a wireless headset, especially with so many new phones without headphone jacks. Does this work with iPhones or other Android phones, or is this an AA Android app issue?
Worked for me two weeks ago with wireless headphones on iPhone Xs
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
This is a great advancement in technology if the system really will not allow you to play the audio over your device's speakers. It's ridiculous how frequently people will crank the volume on their devices and listen without headphones now.
asf-07 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:32 pm

Odd, used my Bluetooth headphones Sunday and today without issue on my iPad
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jliehr
Odd, used my Bluetooth headphones Sunday and today without issue on my iPad
Thanks everyone. I realized it has been working forever with my iPad and Bluetooth headset, so it must be an AA/Android issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.