FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1948521-combined-2019-aa-international-meal-meals-menu-photos-etc-master-thread.html)

JY1024 Apr 4, 2019 8:18 am

Query about domestic meals has been moved to the correct thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-thread-8.html

Thanks. /Moderator

FlightNurse Apr 4, 2019 10:36 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 30963972)
Please, could you include the routing???

added it was DUB-PHL

MrAndy1369 Apr 4, 2019 11:49 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 30963189)
remember going for greatness.

Oh, they remembered, it's going for great profits! They just left out the "profits" part. ;)

On a serious note, that meal does look meh, for sure.

platbrownguy Apr 4, 2019 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 30963189)
April 01, 2019

This was a joke, once again, Chili oil for dressing

Of course it was a joke (check the date...)

On a serious note, I wish I could opt into chili oil. My biggest pet peeve with airline food generally is nothing is spicy. (Which is why I enjoy AA's southwest-ish meals & AVMLs, they at least have a hint of a kick.) I'd much rather have a vial of chili oil than that vile "pour it on" gunk.

AA100k Apr 4, 2019 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by DFWguy (Post 30946041)

i had the Santa Fe-Style enchiladas and it was the worst main course I’ve ever had on AA in J.

robinsondg Apr 5, 2019 10:29 am

DFW>HKG in J

Any experience with this menu?

What happened to the website that had photos of how the FA was to prepare/set the meal? That was always helpful in selecting an entree. Is it still live?
  • Asiago-stuffed Gnocchi Asiago-stuffed Gnocchi
    arugula pesto, roasted tomatoes, burrata cheese
  • Grilled Beef Filet Grilled Beef Filet
    Zinfandel demi-glace, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, red peppers
  • Lobster Ravioli Lobster Ravioli
    Lobster cream sauce, sautéed spinach
  • Thai Green Curry Thai Green Curry
    chicken, steamed white rice

FlightNurse Apr 7, 2019 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by robinsondg (Post 30968406)
Any experience with this menu?

What happened to the website that had photos of how the FA was to prepare/set the meal? That was always helpful in selecting an entree. Is it still live?

IT was taken down year or two ago

FlightNurse Apr 7, 2019 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 30965037)
Of course it was a joke (check the date...)

On a serious note, I wish I could opt into chili oil. My biggest pet peeve with airline food generally is nothing is spicy. (Which is why I enjoy AA's southwest-ish meals & AVMLs, they at least have a hint of a kick.) I'd much rather have a vial of chili oil than that vile "pour it on" gunk.

Chili oil doesn't make any sense when it comes o salad dressing

WiscAZ Apr 10, 2019 12:03 pm

Travelling in J in May

LAX to SYD
  • Pistachio Crusted Lamb Pistachio Crusted Lamb
    roasted fingerling potatoes, snow peas, baby beets, lamb demi
  • Fried Chicken Fried Chicken
    yukon mash, haircot verts, sriracha aioli
  • Honey Citrus Glazed Salmon Honey Citrus Glazed Salmon
    coconut quinoa, oranges, fennel cream sauce
  • Eggplant Timballo Eggplant Timballoe
    farro and barley ratatouille, broccolini, roasted red pepper sauce
SYD to LAX
  • Beef Short Rib Beef Short Rib
    red wine jus, smoked mashed potato, carrots, oyster mushrooms
  • Moroccan Chicken Moroccan Chicken
    chickpea casserole, roasted cauliflower, raita
  • Herb-Crusted Blue-Eyed Cod Herb-Crusted Blue-Eyed Cod
    tomato lentil ragoût, charred lemon half
  • Potato Gnocchi Potato Gnocchi
    wild mushroom cheese sauce

Chose to Beef Short Rib on the return which seemed like an easy choice for me. The outbound isn't quite as appealing. It's a late flight so i'll grab something at dinner time in either the QF F or Flagship lounge. I may just not choose in advance and see what I'm feeling. I was thinking the fried chicken just to see what that's all about.

hcworley Apr 19, 2019 9:39 am

CLT-LHR next month AA730. Any suggestions with this menu? :)
  • Grilled Filet Mignon
    Twice-Baked Potato, haricots verts, herbed butter
  • Panko Crusted Prawns
    roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus
  • Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken
    wild mushroom and pea risotto, giardiniera
  • Four Cheese Spinach Ravioli
    creamy parmesan sauce, blistered cherry tomatoes, portabello marinara, basil oil

bse118 Apr 20, 2019 7:30 am

Originally Posted by hcworley (Post 31017225)
CLT-LHR next month AA730. Any suggestions with this menu? :)
  • Grilled Filet Mignon
    Twice-Baked Potato, haricots verts, herbed butter
  • Panko Crusted Prawns
    roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus
  • Pommery Mustard and Honey Baked Chicken
    wild mushroom and pea risotto, giardiniera
  • Four Cheese Spinach Ravioli
    creamy parmesan sauce, blistered cherry tomatoes, portabello marinara, basil oil

I've got that menu on an upcoming LAX-LHR. Blah.

I think I'll have dinner at the QF lounge and skip the food on the plane.

DFWguy Apr 20, 2019 6:20 pm

Cocktails in Biz/first?

I am a collector of airline menus and approaching the 1000+ mark. The older, vintage menus all offered various cocktails, such as martini, manhattan, old fashioned , bloody mary, sazerac, etc. This seems to be true of all classes of service and across all carriers. The more recent menus no longer offer a ‘cocktail’ offering, instead, just a listing the type of booze on board.
I fly next week on AA to LHR in biz, if I asked for a manhattan, would the FA laugh? Is it possible to receive a made cocktail on flights anymore? Thank you all.

flightrisk Apr 20, 2019 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 30975597)
Chili oil doesn't make any sense when it comes o salad dressing

Tell that to AA's TPAC catering. That spicy sesame oil dressing makes no sense when offered with Western salad mixes. Feta and spicy sesame dressing makes me want to vomit.

freeagent Apr 20, 2019 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by DFWguy (Post 31021240)
I am a collector of airline menus and approaching the 1000+ mark. The older, vintage menus all offered various cocktails, such as martini, manhattan, old fashioned , bloody mary, sazerac, etc. This seems to be true of all classes of service and across all carriers. The more recent menus no longer offer a ‘cocktail’ offering, instead, just a listing the type of booze on board.
I fly next week on AA to LHR in biz, if I asked for a manhattan, would the FA laugh? Is it possible to receive a made cocktail on flights anymore? Thank you all.

AA doesn’t carry bitters or vermouth, so a Manhattan isn’t really an option. The only cocktails they could are Bloody Marys and soft drinks mixed with the spirits on board.

golfingboy Apr 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by DFWguy (Post 31021240)
I fly next week on AA to LHR in biz, if I asked for a manhattan, would the FA laugh? Is it possible to receive a made cocktail on flights anymore? Thank you all.[/left]

Higher probability the FA will ask what is a Manhattan.

Some international airlines do try and offer a cocktail menu that the crew is trained or knows how to produce (I.e. Singapore sling on SQ or Cathay Delight on CX). QR offers a cocktail menu and one of the options was old fashioned. I got excited but saw that Jack Daniels was the base liquor and was disappointed but ordered anyway. Oh boy it was a mistake - the beverage was horrible. No syrup or bitters. Just straight jack with a few ice chunks, sugar and an orange peel. I think the FA forgot the bitters as I couldn’t taste them in the cocktail.

If you want at least a halfway decent cocktail have one whipped up in the lounge before your flight :)