Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE,

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:02 am

Thanks for the responses to my question. We are back from our Chicago trip. We flew ONT to PHX, then to ORD(changed planes). Coming back ORD to DFW, then DFW to ONT(changed planes). On one of the flights going - and on one coming back - we had new aircraft. Coming back, on ORD to DFW - our aaircraft was one year old. It had screens/monitors in the back of every seat - AND - it had power charging outlets at every seat. A small green light designated the outlet. I think the plane was a 737. We were in basic/economy seats. I might add - on the ORD to DFW leg -the seats were roomier than on the DFW to ONT.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by wilful
Thanks for the responses to my question. We are back from our Chicago trip. We flew ONT to PHX, then to ORD(changed planes). Coming back ORD to DFW, then DFW to ONT(changed planes). On one of the flights going - and on one coming back - we had new aircraft. Coming back, on ORD to DFW - our aaircraft was one year old. It had screens/monitors in the back of every seat - AND - it had power charging outlets at every seat. A small green light designated the outlet. I think the plane was a 737. We were in basic/economy seats. I might add - on the ORD to DFW leg -the seats were roomier than on the DFW to ONT.
The seats on all 737s and A321s will ultimately be Rockwell Collins B/E Meridian with no IFE and 30" pitch, ostensibly with a seat power plug (but I've not seen no final details on that), IFE from the internal WiFi server to your PED.

The seat charts are your guide on current aircraft.

We will merge this into the appropriate HELP DESK thread. /Moderator
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Plat
752 IFE Question

I’ve done some searching, but can’t find the answer.

If an aircraft has WiFi is it a given that it will have GoGo Entertainment streaming video? Trying to advise family about IFE on AA684 11/23 PHX>LIH. Scheduled aircraft is a 752 with a seat map that has MCE. Also, if it does have it, will the streaming video continue over water after the internet cuts out?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
I’ve done some searching, but can’t find the answer.

If an aircraft has WiFi is it a given that it will have GoGo Entertainment streaming video? Trying to advise family about IFE on AA684 11/23 PHX>LIH. Scheduled aircraft is a 752 with a seat map that has MCE. Also, if it does have it, will the streaming video continue over water after the internet cuts out?
Looks to be the same aircraft we recently flew PHX-KOA. No WiFi and no streaming. The aircraft has fixed monitors in the ceiling and no seat power. Other than some great flight attendants, don't expect too much from this plane.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
How to tell difference between plane versions...

I'm flying out of SYR in March, with a layover at CLT, and then flying to RSW.

As people here probably know, there's two different types (or more) of each aircraft; one is normally newer and has more modern technology than the other.

On the way there, I have a flight on an A319 and an A321. Here's the map for each one:

(A321)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A319)

Sorry for the large images folks, I couldn't find a way to make them smaller!

How do I know which version plane I'm flying on?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I'm flying out of SYR in March, with a layover at CLT, and then flying to RSW.

As people here probably know, there's two different types (or more) of each aircraft; one is normally newer and has more modern technology than the other.

On the way there, I have a flight on an A319 and an A321. Here's the map for each one:

(A321)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A319)

Sorry for the large images folks, I couldn't find a way to make them smaller!

How do I know which version plane I'm flying on?
You're on the LUS A321 and a 99.9% chance of the LUS A319. The former doesn't have power while the latter does and they both have wifi, but no seat back entertainment.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
You're on the LUS A321 and a 99.9% chance of the LUS A319. The former doesn't have power while the latter does and they both have wifi, but no seat back entertainment.
What's LUS?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*
What's LUS?
Legacy US Air
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by PDXAA
Legacy US Air
... Figures they put me on the crappy planes. Just another nail in the coffin for AA and this is the first time I've ever used them.

It does say here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nes/planes.jsp
That both A319's have power though, so I'm confused.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*
... Figures they put me on the crappy planes. Just another nail in the coffin for AA and this is the first time I've ever used them.

It does say here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nes/planes.jsp
That both A319's have power though, so I'm confused.
As iadisgreat said, 321 = no power (well one version has power) and 319 = power on both versions.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by PDXAA
As iadisgreat said, 321 = no power (well one version has power) and 319 = power on both versions.
Man, I am really out of it today LOL.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
What's LUS?
Legacy US Airways plane. All A319s that AA flies have the same configuration, but the LUS planes don't have inseat IFE, but they do have streaming entertainment on your device.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Legacy US Airways plane. All A319s that AA flies have the same configuration, but the LUS planes don't have inseat IFE, but they do have streaming entertainment on your device.
Stinks, but I guess I should bring my Mac or iPad as a carry on. Was probably going to bring my Mac anyways.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Stinks, but I guess I should bring my Mac or iPad as a carry on. Was probably going to bring my Mac anyways.
Not all LAA planes have IFE so cool your jets. Having it stream on your device is a better choice, would rather use my iPAD then a small screen anyhow. Also if you are worried about battery life, purchase an external battery for $30 bucks, I've never had a problem with my iPAD running out of juice on PHX-CLT flights.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Not all LAA planes have IFE...
My point is that AA needs a modern lineup, it's pathetic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.