Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club Drink Coupons / Chits moving to Boarding Pass scans 2019 [Ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisny2
Complimentary premium drinks in the Admirals Clubs have been eliminated. Soft drinks, and "house" wine, beer, and spirits are complimentary for all guests.

NOTE: It appears Admirals Clubs will scan boarding passes upon.Club entry and electronic “drink coupons” will be attached to the boarding pass, requiring scanning by the bartender. This appears to be rolling out at Clubs as of August 2019. See Admirals Club Drink Chit / Chits / Coupon Policies (2014-2019) for recent policies and procedures.
Drinks chits / coupons (date-stamped) for premium level drinks or bottles of water have been given to AAdvantage Platinum and Executive Platinum members departing on international flights. These guests might be given one or two, and more may be forthcoming if requested later. Some drinks might require two chits.

As well, non-AA oneworld Sapphire and Emerald flyers with Club access are also eligible for premium drinks coupons. In response to a communication from a oneworld member denied a drinks coupon (see atramos below):

- International First class passengers are allowed 2 drink chits (AA International itineraries include travel to/from Asia, Europe, Mexico city, Central & South America)
  • oneworld customers receive one drink chit plus one for a guest
    • Transcontinental passengers do not receive drink chits, nor do those on wholly domestic itineraries
      • Admirals Club members, US Airways Club members and Citi Executive Admirals Club members do not receive drink chits unless they qualify for club access based on their itinerary or oneworld status.
        • Guests may exchange a premium drink chit for any drink – this includes a Naked Juice Smoothie or bottled water.

Admirals Club members, and AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum on purely domestic itineraries (even 321T three class transcont) are ineligible for premium drinks coupons (but those in domestic three class F transcons are Flagship Lounge eligible at LAX and JFK, where premium drinks are included).

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club Drink Coupons / Chits moving to Boarding Pass scans 2019 [Ended]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
If there is a system enforced 2 scan limit, this is something of a downgrade. I've always received more chits when I've asked for them. I've also received them from sympathetic AAngels when my flights are screwed up. I guess that small customer service gesture is also not long for the world.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by skippythelizard
Wondering if anyone has an experience with paperless drink chits as OWE...

In DFW B-terminal Admiral's Club now, and was given 1 paper chit as a OWE.

I did not go back to ask for more.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I flew out of AUS on Wednesday and still got a voucher for the bar, and only one! I'm sure if I had asked, they'd have given me more, but it was crazy early (had a 6am flight), and I really wasn't there more than 15 minutes.

I'm not sure if I like the new water bottles, looks like one of those milk cartons.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
I got the usual two coupons at the A15 Admirals Club in PHL prior to my outbound flight week before last and I found it odd that the bartender asked for both when I ordered an Aperol Spritz. She said it was a two coupon drink. In the past, it’s always been a one coupon drink, at least at that club. Perhaps they’re also raising the price of some drinks.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:20 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I posted this also in another thread on the topic, and adding here for completeness:

With this new approach (that I just saw for the first time at SFO) it seems that OWE/OWS access while on domestic AA flights no longer gets premium drinks as they d not seem to have a way to "attach" these to the BP.

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by brp
With this new approach (that I just saw for the first time at SFO) it seems that OWE/OWS access while on domestic AA flights no longer gets premium drinks as they d not seem to have a way to "attach" these to the BP.
That's a poor policy.

With that said, I am 100% certain the AC agents have a way to add drinks to any boarding pass So, it never hurts to ask nicely.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Interesting, hadn't read about this change before discovering this thread but may explain why I wasn't offered the usual voucher when using the LGA lounge the other evening. Most of my AA flights have been through airports with Flagship lounges that I've accessed with my BAGold/OWEmerald status so no need for bar vouchers. But I did receive a voucher a couple of weeks ago using the YYZ lounge though not last week. Thought this was just because it was early morning and the bar was closed.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
I got the two scans (ie premium drinks) at both BOS and LGA earlier this week, this was as a OWE (BA gold) on a wholly domestic US itinerary.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I got bottled water with BPs for a US domestic flight at LAX. The problem was the bartender wanted to keep them like they were vouchers. She had to fetch a supervisor to solve the problem (and the supervisor had some trouble too in scanning/registering the BPs)
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
They give coupons in DCA last time I was entitled.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Went to the A Admiral's Club at DFW this week on a tight C to A international connection, so didn't have enough time to go to the Flagship Lounge in D. I was not given chit's, and was told to have my boarding pass scanned at the bar. When I ordered a Jack & Coke, the bartender told me it would cost money. I told him I was flying international, and he asked me if I wanted to use my 2 drink scans to make my drink a double. Since I had a short connection anyway, I obliged. I'm guessing this means the end to Admiral's Club lounge-hopping for multiple chits at airports with more than one Admiral's Club. I think the 2 drink limit is ridiculous and screams cheap for premium-cabin international travel. Both DL and even UA offer more premium alcohol complimentary in their lounges (and I'm referring to the United Club as a point of comparison, not the awesome Polaris Lounges).
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Visited beginning of month SFO was e coupon stored with boarding pass, visited also PHL last week it was paper coupons.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Originally Posted by Dan72
I got the two scans (ie premium drinks) at both BOS and LGA earlier this week, this was as a OWE (BA gold) on a wholly domestic US itinerary.

I was in MCO AC and ordered a premium drink, but the bartender said there was nothing "loaded" on the BP.

I went back to the check-in desk and the agent quickly added them.

I am OWE, was on a domestic itinerary.

Perhaps they must be manually added when there is no international segment?
E55 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, United 1k
PHL = chits three weeks ago
ORD (not flagship because I was going out of L) = scan, and had been that way “for weeks”
DFW A on Friday = “See if the bartender will take your boarding pass. Come back if they won’t.” One bartender had no idea, but a second one knew how to scan.

Why can’t all clubs be the same? Aren’t they all the same company?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Well, tomorrow will be my day to test the systems out at SFO and DFW. My SFO outbound won't count since it's before the bar opens. But once in Dallas, I'm just planning to head to FL. Just checked app and my intl. departure leg don't have a terminal gate posted yet. Hope it's in D.. LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.