Wiki Posts
Search

Skipped on Upgrade List?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:13 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Skipped on Upgrade List?

Right before boarding PIT-CLT they cleared one customer who is number 19 on the upgrade list

That customer isn’t on the standby list either so I don’t think it is a non revenue passenger.

It’s a short flight and I am not number 1 on the list so I am fine with sitting in Y. Just found this odd especially with someone close to the bottom of a relatively long the list clearing. F was booked full for days and they only cleared one person at the gate.
solfi likes this.

Last edited by golfingboy; Nov 9, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Right before boarding PIT-CLT they cleared one customer who is number 19 on the upgrade list

That customer isn’t on the standby list either so I don’t think it is a non revenue passenger.

It’s a short flight and I am not number 1 on the list so I am fine with sitting in Y. Just found this odd especially with someone close to the bottom of a relatively long the list clearing. F was booked full for days and they only cleared one person at the gate.
How do you know that customer was cleared if she/he was not on stand by list?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gateH15

How do you know that customer was cleared if she/he was not on stand by list?
The customer cleared the upgrade list - so that customer had a confirmed seat on the flight.

The only reason I mentioned standby list is because non-rev typically will appear on both lists.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What was the GA's explanation?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
What was the GA's explanation?
Admittedly I didn’t ask. The inbound was mildly delayed and there was a push to turnaround the plane as quickly as possible.

Flight number was 5633 PIT-CLT if anyone was wondering.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:47 pm

Things you can not see. A higher elite companion who has cleared would take move them to top. A millage upgrade would take them to the top. A system wide upgrade (Do not laugh it is end of year)
adunker likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Centurion
Things you can not see. A higher elite companion who has cleared would take move them to top. A millage upgrade would take them to the top. A system wide upgrade (Do not laugh it is end of year)
Possible - but shouldn’t they be appearing at or near the top of the list ahead of complimentary upgrades? I have no clue how AA’s airport upgrade list is sorted. Knowing AA’s IT capabilities I am inclined to believe you that the list might not reflect actual priority.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Maybe he asked to use SWU at the gate and that moved him all the way to the front but the list didn't refresh on the monitor?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, AA Exec Plt

This happened to me a few days ago. Up until 2 hours prior to departure there were no upgrades cleared. Then #1 went through. At the gate I see # 9, 10, 11 go through. This was on a flight with no first.
Im hoping that 9, 10, 11 were Y to PE.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
I don't know about elite companions, but SWU priority is definitely shown correctly on the list.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 9, 2019 at 10:38 am Reason: Close quote
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: CK or bust
[QUOTE=SamOF;30414914]

I don't know about elite companions, but SWU priority is definitely shown correctly on the list.
Apparently dressing well will too
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by bundaburg

This happened to me a few days ago. Up until 2 hours prior to departure there were no upgrades cleared. Then #1 went through. At the gate I see # 9, 10, 11 go through. This was on a flight with no first.
Im hoping that 9, 10, 11 were Y to PE.
At least the Dows got to sit together!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just got skipped over from CLT last week. I was 1 of about 20, and they cleared number 2. I am CK and on a business class mileage ticket where all other legs had been booked into business, but not last flight. Was shocked they just skipped over me on the list. It was a short flight, but is it worth asking for compensation? Agent said she didn't see me on the list (I had a screen shot in my hand and segment was showing upgrade requested for weeks before). I asked my CK rep standing at the counter waiting for me, he shrugged his shoulders as did the Twitter team.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I just got skipped over from CLT last week. I was 1 of about 20, and they cleared number 2. I am CK and on a business class mileage ticket where all other legs had been booked into business, but not last flight. Was shocked they just skipped over me on the list. It was a short flight, but is it worth asking for compensation? Agent said she didn't see me on the list (I had a screen shot in my hand and segment was showing upgrade requested for weeks before). I asked my CK rep standing at the counter waiting for me, he shrugged his shoulders as did the Twitter team.
I guess even royalty gets screwed occasionally.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I asked my CK rep standing at the counter waiting for me, he shrugged his shoulders
This is covered in their training curriculum.
Score8 and FAA1996 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.