Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Has AA Website changed how upgrade requests are shown?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador

Had AA changed how upgrade requests are shown? Before it used to be show in a box below the flights indicating the type of upgrade. I am seeing a standby flight in First Class when I click view original flight the class reverts back to Economy. I'm also not seeing the upgrade on the Android App...... This is part of a Miles & Money International upgrade request. Are others seeing this change? Thanks.... Jon

Last edited by MarJon; Oct 30, 2018 at 6:06 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
I am also seeing an issue with one of my reservations. I waitlisted a SWU on 2 separate reservations. On one it shows up in the box at the bottom. On the other it doesn't show on AA.com or the App. I called and I was told that everything looked good and their end.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by TSparky
I am also seeing an issue with one of my reservations. I waitlisted a SWU on 2 separate reservations. On one it shows up in the box at the bottom. On the other it doesn't show on AA.com or the App. I called and I was told that everything looked good and their end.
Thanks for the reply TSparky
When I called they also said that all was OK... However..... It just doesn't feel right.... We were upgraded on the Int'l segment Miles & $ before the reservation looked like this.. one the MIA-LAX segment, there were 17 open seats before the Exp upgrade window... since we were $ and miles, I would of expected that we would have been upgraded at that point since $&Miles are higher that ecoupons, but weren't..... and now it's down to 7 seats..... past both ExP and PPro windows.... I just wonder if something isn't off even though I am told it is not.... I thoroughly understand that I may be at the bottom of the ExP $ & Mile upgrades with only about $18K Rolling... but it just doesn't feel right...... (flame me if you must... I understand) I would just like to know if someone's reservation showed the "Standby" and were upgraded either in their window or at least prior to Airport T-4. Thanks... .Jon
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MarJon
It just doesn't feel right
Nothing does with this airline.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by enviroian
Nothing does with this airline.
LCC at its finest.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
IMHO-It's both easy, likely, plausible, and with AA corporate's mindset, understandable, to blame Concierge Key related activity for any and all upgrade shenanigans, whether real or imagined.

It's just the new times we live in.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Exactly! However, my question still stands, has anyone seen the upgrade shown (see #1 images) as "Stand By" and not as was previously shown below in a separate box under the flight segments... and if so, were you upgraded in your window? Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Here is the example, side by side, of what I was referring to,... Is the Standby the same as the one below it.....

Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Actually just spoke with their level 2 tech support and they acknowledged that there is a bug in their system! -Jon
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MarJon
Actually just spoke with their level 2 tech support and they acknowledged that there is a bug in their system! -Jon
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I feel like at one point AA had a feature like this where cleared upgrades showed up with a toggle back to the original flight. Something like 4 years ago. But it was a CF and it vanished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.