Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proactive refund when downgraded

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Proactive refund when downgraded

I don't know if this is new, but this made me really happy This week I was on a flight with a mx delay. I moved to an earlier flight that had no F availability. Flew coach, no big deal- but this morning I was pleasantly surprised to find an refund was automatically processed for the fare difference. While this happens to maybe a handful of times in a year, In the past I always had to enter the refund request online.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
It’s a nice change. This has been happening for me since July.
JDiver and C17PSGR like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Platinum
Yes, this has happened for me several times this year, when I was traveling for work. So, of course, the refund goes to my company card, and not me, and causes me a nightmare pile of paperwork because receipts no longer match, etc. But it will be great if/when it ever happens on personal travel!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by giants_fan
Yes, this has happened for me several times this year, when I was traveling for work. So, of course, the refund goes to my company card, and not me, and causes me a nightmare pile of paperwork because receipts no longer match, etc. But it will be great if/when it ever happens on personal travel!
It would be great if they would the difference between the purchased fare and the lowest economy fare available when the ticket was purchased
Finsup72 and GWFan like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I never understood why any carrier would want to spend the time, effort, and money to manually process and perhaps even tie up agent time on the phone or at a counter somewhere, for something so easily programmed, calculated, and paid.

The basis for the ticket thing is not going to change. Many, many complaints to DOT from all sectors over a period of years have yielded nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.