Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Odd revenue management practices emerging?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odd revenue management practices emerging?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Could be married sector availabiltiy - what date?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you look at the fare filings on EF, you will see AA now has a number "-UP" fare filings in PE from certain markets likes BWI, LAX, MCI, etc. These are not true P/W fares, but rather coach basis fares with a /PAUP ticket designator and a P booking class. There is a common component to these fares in that they all seem to require Sun-Thu departures while the true P/W fares do not. While it's not quite clear what inventory the system is looking at to determine when the domestic segment is bookable (they all seem to book into Y booking class), it looks like it may use availability in the underlying fare basis bucket for these -UP fares thus making it easier to find availability with Sun-Thu departures.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
@Davenoble and @LBJ, Thanks... Your suggestions are duly noted and appreciated.

For my trip, I'm looking to depart SFO on Feb 15 (Fri). All of the DFW connections have me overnighting there for the 16th (Sat.) flight. No PE options. If I search for Sat. departures, PE fares show up.

I just searched again and the above still holds true. However, the prices seems to have jumped upward of $150+ since my last post made less than 12 hours ago at this point. Ugh!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.