Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAS-JFK FLT#65 (n/s redeye) on 10/8/18 on a 737-800 EXCELLENT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:21 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond

First the plane niceties: (1)in f (=bc) the tray raises when you press a button (for domestic I've never seen this before), (2)the tray was magnetic so "silverware" won't slip off, (3)in the toilet the water spray was warm and had nice pressure.
For the flight: (1)efficient PDB, (2)later the snack nuts was too much to eat--filling the cup to the brim, (3)later a cheese and fruit plate was offered, when I flew 65 about a month earlier we got a warm cookie, (4)efficient (NYC based FAs), (5)due to 8 wheelchair pax the door closed at T-1 (min) and we got to the t/o runway 10 minutes later arriving in JFK early.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nrr
First the plane niceties: (1)in f (=bc) the tray raises when you press a button (for domestic I've never seen this before), (2)the tray was magnetic so "silverware" won't slip off, (3)in the toilet the water spray was warm and had nice pressure.
For the flight: (1)efficient PDB, (2)later the snack nuts was too much to eat--filling the cup to the brim, (3)later a cheese and fruit plate was offered, when I flew 65 about a month earlier we got a warm cookie, (4)efficient (NYC based FAs), (5)due to 8 wheelchair pax the door closed at T-1 (min) and we got to the t/o runway 10 minutes later arriving in JFK early.
Magnetic tray table? I'm guessing the PDB wasn't your first drink of the night.

In all seriousness, though, glad you enjoyed your flight.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Gold.
"Why is my credit card demagnetized? I just placed it on the tray table on the plane so I can enter the number for the WiFi?"
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta, AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold
Just be thankful you were in F. I have a feeling your review would be different for the flight if you were in the tiny seats they put in Coach on the 737s.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Is today April 1st?

Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL's 767 business class tray tables are magnetized in parts because of the way they fold in half and then flip over to be stored horizontally. (Can't remember if AA's 767s are the same). And the silverware will stick in the right places. But I don't know if this is necessary in a regular domestic FC seat where the tray table is stored vertically in the armrest.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by nrr
F(3)in the toilet the water spray was warm and had nice pressure.
Just wait util you try the bidets on the 737 MAX
AANYC1981, ijgordon and jerryss like this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by enpremiere
Just wait util you try the bidets on the 737 MAX
Don’t worry. Under Project “Awaysis” the kiddie loos (as well as the new ultralight seats with reduced pitch) are coming to all 737 and A321 aircraft. The OP will get the opportunity to try trying them.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Pack1620
Just be thankful you were in F. I have a feeling your review would be different for the flight if you were in the tiny seats they put in Coach on the 737s.
"Tiny Seats"?!? I guess they are thinner than the old 5" foam seats of the 1980's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.