Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

High EQD Platinum Pro or really-high EQD Platinum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High EQD Platinum Pro or really-high EQD Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
...I have to say, my upgrade success rate has been much improved as my EQDs have been higher than typical this year (especially on < 500 mile segments), so that must project to same/better rates as a PP....
[incorrect info deleted]

Last edited by AAir_head; Oct 27, 2018 at 1:16 pm Reason: removed incorrect info
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by AAir_head
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's last year's EQD that counts for this, not current year.
Rolling 12 month EQD determines upgrade order after elite status level.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Well, I've decided to try to take a shot. I'm now at 67k EQMs and the EQDs are in the $11k range. Found a nice trip to LAX for $290 r/t which includes one segment LAX-DFW on the 789 which is as good as F class since there are seats in the PE cabin. Plus, I'll be able to cross the 789 off my "to do" list and will mean I've flown on every AA fleet type except the 737-Hellship.

Hopefully this trip and a trip to MIA (total of about $500 out of pocket) is worth it.....
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: NEXUS, Hilton - Gold, Fairmont - Plat, AA - Plat MM, DL - Gold, UA - Silver
I have a question. What is Plat Pro worth relative to Plat? I have $11k dollars spent, but 74,664 miles earned. Is it worth buying a cheap ticket to somewhere to earn the 336 miles needed to Plat Pro?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by AngryHombre
I have a question. What is Plat Pro worth relative to Plat? I have $11k dollars spent, but 74,664 miles earned. Is it worth buying a cheap ticket to somewhere to earn the 336 miles needed to Plat Pro?
probably depends on your travel patterns and what you value. For example if you value free upgrades and travelnon non-elite heavy routes such that non-EXP get upgraded then probably good value. If you like getting free Same day flight changes then PP makes a difference. A few more RDMs if getting another 9k miles matters. Otherwise pretty similar to Plat. But for the amount short you are depending on how much time/cost it would take to put you over, might be worth it. Could also try upfaring one leg if you have one remaining in the year to paid J for the EQM bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.