Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

why is missing mileage claim so difficult?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver

I flew AY 6001 operated by QR from HEL to DOH.

Filed missing claim in mid August, and emailed the documentation. no reply. email again and again. no reply.

filed it again the second time, and emailed the documentation again (eticket and boardingpass) still no reply.

I need to EQD and EQM for upgrade priority and re qualified.

just get annoyed.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:54 pm

Well known problem with AY. You need to call a few times.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Dealing with a similar situation myself since July! Carrier was CX. Have resorted to setting up a monthly reminder and just keep resending the info. No replies at all after they initially asked me to send the documentation. Guess they were figuring is not have it still as an out for not following up and investigating.

Come me six months, I'm just gonna delete the reminder.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Too old to be a relevant example, but had all kinds of trouble getting points from partner airlines after a mixed-itinerary long foreign trip. AA was very polite but insisted partner had to buy and send the miles and I should contact them. Ended up getting most but not all.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by jayer
Too old to be a relevant example, but had all kinds of trouble getting points from partner airlines after a mixed-itinerary long foreign trip. AA was very polite but insisted partner had to buy and send the miles and I should contact them. Ended up getting most but not all.
Interesting.... Maybe that's the balk CX is giving AA with my request/complaint.

I was entitled to PE service from ICN to HKG but CX sub'd a/c didn't have PE class. Ultimately my tix (fare E) was canceled and reclassified as fare class L (0% base miles accredited). I ended up flying J for the flight, but I still want at least W, R, Y, B or H fare classification for the E fare class purchase (fat chance with getting a W or R classification I know, but still!).

The EQM and EQD would be a nice padding at this point since I'm bound to break the 200 EQM benchmark come next Tuesday on a trip that just popped up on my radar today.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is not an AA issue, but rather AY (for the miles) and QR to advise AY.

AA simply acts on what AY advises (and pays for).

Your best bet is to call AY and complain. Don't expect any action, but you might just find an AY staff person who cares enough to follow up.

Otherwise, don't count on this happening anytime soon.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:08 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Sometimes old ways are the best ways

Sometimes the best way is to just pick up the phone and call AAdvantage Customer Service. The AAgents are always capable and quite eager to help. If you get the AAgent named Paige, then it's your lucky day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.