Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2275 LAS-ORD 14 Oct: seat chart disappears on EF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: executive club

So I'm booked on the above flight and up until this morning the seat map was showing on expertflyer however this morning its coming up with an error

The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.

Has anyone else had this before?

The flight is still showing in availability but I'm getting a tad twitchy that they are going to cancel and I have a later flight from ORD-YYZ to catch.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
It's unlikely that AA would cancel a flight on a fairly popular route (on a Sunday, no less) less than two weeks out - they simply do not have the excess capacity to handle the rebookings.

Sometimes EF can't pull seat maps for whatever reason - I was able to create a dummy booking on aa.com and could see the seat map just fine.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dantheflyingman
It's unlikely that AA would cancel a flight on a fairly popular route (on a Sunday, no less) less than two weeks out - they simply do not have the excess capacity to handle the rebookings.

Sometimes EF can't pull seat maps for whatever reason - I was able to create a dummy booking on aa.com and could see the seat map just fine.
Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by starbucks88
So I'm booked on the above flight and up until this morning the seat map was showing on expertflyer however this morning its coming up with an error

The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.

Has anyone else had this before?

The flight is still showing in availability but I'm getting a tad twitchy that they are going to cancel and I have a later flight from ORD-YYZ to catch.
Are you able to see the seat map on AA.com or other sites? I do not think the inability to see a seat map on one website means there is a problem with your flight
There used to be an easy way to see seat maps on AA.com, but an "improvement" to the website seemed to have gotten rid of that.
Now, I simply start a reservation to see the available seats.

Last edited by mvoight; Oct 5, 2018 at 8:51 am
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Just an EF error
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Just rechecked and now showing in EF so I’m happy.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
If you've already booked your ticket on this flight, you can see the seat map by going to the Change Seats screen in the AA app or on aa.com.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:46 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As it appears the issue is resolved, we will close this thread. Thanks. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.