FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   2275 LAS-ORD 14 Oct: seat chart disappears on EF (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1934028-2275-las-ord-14-oct-seat-chart-disappears-ef.html)

starbucks88 Oct 5, 2018 3:13 am

2275 LAS-ORD 14 Oct: seat chart disappears on EF

So I'm booked on the above flight and up until this morning the seat map was showing on expertflyer however this morning its coming up with an error

The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.

Has anyone else had this before?

The flight is still showing in availability but I'm getting a tad twitchy that they are going to cancel and I have a later flight from ORD-YYZ to catch.

dantheflyingman Oct 5, 2018 3:21 am

It's unlikely that AA would cancel a flight on a fairly popular route (on a Sunday, no less) less than two weeks out - they simply do not have the excess capacity to handle the rebookings.

Sometimes EF can't pull seat maps for whatever reason - I was able to create a dummy booking on aa.com and could see the seat map just fine.

starbucks88 Oct 5, 2018 4:51 am

Originally Posted by dantheflyingman (Post 30281317)
It's unlikely that AA would cancel a flight on a fairly popular route (on a Sunday, no less) less than two weeks out - they simply do not have the excess capacity to handle the rebookings.

Sometimes EF can't pull seat maps for whatever reason - I was able to create a dummy booking on aa.com and could see the seat map just fine.

Thanks

mvoight Oct 5, 2018 8:37 am

Originally Posted by starbucks88 (Post 30281302)
So I'm booked on the above flight and up until this morning the seat map was showing on expertflyer however this morning its coming up with an error

The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.

Has anyone else had this before?

The flight is still showing in availability but I'm getting a tad twitchy that they are going to cancel and I have a later flight from ORD-YYZ to catch.

Are you able to see the seat map on AA.com or other sites? I do not think the inability to see a seat map on one website means there is a problem with your flight
There used to be an easy way to see seat maps on AA.com, but an "improvement" to the website seemed to have gotten rid of that.
Now, I simply start a reservation to see the available seats.

asf-07 Oct 5, 2018 8:46 am

Just an EF error

starbucks88 Oct 5, 2018 9:01 am

Just rechecked and now showing in EF so I’m happy.

dantheflyingman Oct 5, 2018 9:13 am

Originally Posted by starbucks88 (Post 30282181)

If you've already booked your ticket on this flight, you can see the seat map by going to the Change Seats screen in the AA app or on aa.com.

JY1024 Oct 5, 2018 9:46 am

Originally Posted by starbucks88 (Post 30282181)

As it appears the issue is resolved, we will close this thread. Thanks. /Moderator