Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Connecting flight rescheduled-AA want to charge me for the enforced layover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting flight rescheduled-AA want to charge me for the enforced layover

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would be surprised if there were more schedule changes - Qantas does not do lots of changes and Im guessing this was a summer schedule change

AA will likely do nothing - it is only the ticketing agent - the airline whose schedule changed is responsible for fixing impacts of its schedule changes

If it is a Qantas change, I would suspect that if nothing had been done, qantas would have sorted it out
Update
Flight changed to the later departing one-which had no reward seats- with no fuss.

Annoyingly this flight was an option when I booked and had business availability then. I chose the earlier one-(only economy) as I did not want a 6 hr wait in AKL.

Hopefully more Business reward seats will come available nearer the time so I can at least have lounge access for 6 hrs and a decent seat for the 4 hr trip.

Thanks for all the input.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:23 am
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by blindman
Update
Flight changed to the later departing one-which had no reward seats- with no fuss.
Glad it worked out, not at all surprised. Some strange notions of what AA does and doesn't do in these types of situations are proffered in the forum-- but have no connection to the actual AA policies in effect.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Glad it worked out, not at all surprised. Some strange notions of what AA does and doesn't do in these types of situations are proffered in the forum-- but have no connection to the actual AA policies in effect.
If only the policies for scenarios like this were in a clear location so that us mortals who don’t know them could refer agents to the right place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.