Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

My AAdvantage account has been blocked for 450 days,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My AAdvantage account has been blocked for 450 days,

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Weird thread.. you sure its not a password problem and you need to follow the instructions on how to reset your login?? Also, why not just call aadvantage and ask if emails clearly aren't working?? Seems like a rather simple way forward at solving this.

EDIT: nevermind.. the problem is obvious in post 10.

Last edited by gmt4; Sep 18, 2018 at 2:01 pm
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: CK or bust
If this is not a revenue protection violation-related issue, then you can take several steps to recover your account:
  1. Self-service password recovery (https://www.aa.com/loyalty/needPasswordAccess) but if your account is actually locked, skip right to step #2
  2. Contact Web Services for support (https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...al-support.jsp); that page has the worldwide contacts just in case you would rather call a local number than the general US phone number
If you were notified that your account was locked, suspended, or otherwise disabled in some way as a result of the bartering of/attempted sale of miles, upgrade instruments, etc... then that's an different issue and not something that AA's Web Services team can help with.

Hopefully a quick call can get you sorted out!

Last edited by enpremiere; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:55 pm Reason: Overlooked that this was a revenue protection action, outside the purview of normal AA channels
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - If you are having trouble, call AA. If English is a problem, consider having a colleague, relative or friend who is fluent on the phone with you.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Often1
OP - If you are having trouble, call AA. If English is a problem, consider having a colleague, relative or friend who is fluent on the phone with you.
The Spanish language folks who answer the Executive Platinum desk calls (not sure if they are truly separate as the ones are for the English language Executive Platinum desk) can be really wonderfully helpful to connect you with the right people and may be able to help translate if that helps.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Exec. Plat.)
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Fixed it for me.
Your head is in the right place!
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
silvino33, Welcome. If you want our help, you need to provide more details. What we've seen many times before is people come here with a situation such as yours, and dribble out the details very slowing, perhaps under the mistaken effort that we'll be able to help more this way. Or to gain sympathy that they would not gain had they told the whole story up front.

Without admitting guilt, has AA accused you of a program or contract violation of some kind?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by enpremiere
If this is not a revenue protection violation-related issue...
But it is, see post 10.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
But it is, see post 10.
Thanks for pointing that out - I completely overlooked that.

This belongs to Account audit / blocked / fraud: award / miles / SWU / sale, barter, etc. or should be re-titled to something less generic such like "Violated AAdvantage rules and American isn't responding" or something to that effect.

IRRC JDiver or JonNYC (or someone with extensive history on the AA FT forum) had pointed out that to date, there hasn't been a legitimate innocent case on that thread so the OP must already have the backstory on that.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:59 pm

As I was aptly corrected by another astute FT member, being that this is in regards to an AA revenue protection case, where would you even start with a call to AA?

I wasn't aware that phone contact was even an option if one was involved in some sort of questionable AAdvantage/upgrade instrument shenanigans.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
2. that it's a very rare-- but to entirely unheard-of-- case of the case having gotten misfiled somehow.
Out of mild curiosity, in the very very very unlikelihood that this second scenario is what transpired, is there any path at all to come back to AA life from a rare misfiled incident? (for most offenders, I'm sure that the final message affirmatively confirms AA's results and standings so that there is no question but after having browsed the 76 pages of the relevant thread I hadn't seen an instance of a misfile scenario mentioned). Most offenders seem to know what they did (or it comes out eventually in their posts) and just never return to the FT AA again.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As I was aptly corrected by another astute FT member, being that this is in regards to an AA revenue protection case, where would you even start with a call to AA?

I wasn't aware that phone contact was even an option if one was involved in some sort of questionable AAdvantage/upgrade instrument shenanigans.
OP's post is not complete. Not berating him for poor language skills, he is likely doing better than I could do in some other language. Just a simple fact.

He needs to get onto AA with someone fluent in English who can push harder. If indeed there is an investigation pending, it would have to be beyond massive to take 450 days. On the other hand, if the investigation has resulted in a shutdown but there is something still showing online, perhaps that is an error. Finally, perhaps AA has explained this to OP on a call and he has misunderstood. Or OP is locked out and when he said "blocked" he got the stock :response.

The details matter.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Out of mild curiosity, in the very very very unlikelihood that this second scenario is what transpired, is there any path at all to come back to AA life from a rare misfiled incident? ....
Yes, for sure-- on the off, off chance that that's what we're looking at here-- the OP most definitely would have a chance of getting this worked out.

IF, OTOH, it's a case where the OP had old correspondence with AA and was simply hoping to "wait it out" as it were-- that aint gonna work-- "they have detailed files" over there
Attached Images  
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:30 pm

Finally, perhaps AA has explained this to OP on a call and he has misunderstood. Or OP is locked out and when he said "blocked" he got the stock :response.
I overlooked that as well until I was reminded that the OP added "Only the sector of protection revenue can respond" in a later post so the OP already revealed that this is a revenue protection incident in which case I doubt that there was a phone call or that he is locked out of his account for normal too-many password attempt reasons.

The details matter.
FT threads run on incomplete information: If everyone told the truth/full story behind their complaints, we wouldn't have lengthy speculative posts like this one !
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Yes, for sure-- on the off, off chance that that's what we're looking at here-- the OP most definitely would have a chance of getting this worked out.
That's very interesting to hear, especially with how many (practically all) complaints fall into the first category I figured the second was just a black hole.

I'm sure that there is a version of this for the OP in the language of their choice if there is a communication barrier.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
I don’t think English is the posters first language adding to the difficulty of understanding this thread.
From OP's profile is from Brazil. So Portuguese may be his/her first language.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/silvino33.html

But as other posts, need information on what the OP did to have the account suspended.
C17PSGR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.