Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comprehensive List of AA Codeshares?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Comprehensive List of AA Codeshares?

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of all AA codeshare flights (AA marketed)? I've been searching FT and the rest of the interwebs, but not finding a full list in any one place.

I've been playing around with ideas for an EQM run for the end of the year, and just wish there was a list of every destination I can potentially reach on AA marketed flights, regardless of last-leg operator. I've mostly been looking around Asia, and using the departure lists from HKG/NRT/HND to manually find CX/JL destinations that AA codeshares to, but it feels like a backwards way of trying to figure it out.

Even the AA and OW route maps don't seem to be able to filter the exact way I'd want.

Am I missing something obvious, or dreaming that something like this already exists?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While it's not an actual list, if you go to: American Airlines Map you can click on Destination, enter the airport you want to leave from and tick the box Add AA partners. At the bottom of the screen, it will display a list of flights and anything that is a codeshare will say operated by XXXX

Once you do that in the lower left hand corner there is a box, and you can select Codeshares in the widget. The lines will change color to show if the route is operated by AA, there are some codeshares on the route, or the route is all code shares.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by wr_schwab
While it's not an actual list, if you go to: American Airlines Map you can click on Destination, enter the airport you want to leave from and tick the box Add AA partners. At the bottom of the screen, it will display a list of flights and anything that is a codeshare will say operated by XXXX

Once you do that in the lower left hand corner there is a box, and you can select Codeshares in the widget. The lines will change color to show if the route is operated by AA, there are some codeshares on the route, or the route is all code shares.
Thanks, but I've tried that map, and it's useless for what I'm trying to do. For starters they don't even have HKG on the map at all, which is a glaring omission. If I try originating out of NRT, choosing to 'add partners' shows no connects to anything else in Asia, which is obviously incorrect. Choosing origin points like LAX, JFK, etc. doesn't do anything to fix either. (I'm not focused only on Asia, but wanted to see if there was a global list of codeshare destinations anywhere before I go through the same type of manual discovery process in other regions.)
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I'd say you're going about this the wrong way, trying to compile a list of all codeshare destinations will largely be a fruitless exercise. How many EQMs do you need? AA codeshares to most all major Asian cities via CX and JL, but just because they offer a codeshare flight doesn't mean it will earn the most EQMs for the buck.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Fair - I can't disagree that it's a little bit of a distraction from my main goal. I need at least one ~20k run, possibly more if I can't get more certainty on my EOY work travel soon. So, my primary run will almost certainly be USA-HKG/TYO-SIN/BKK/SGN, or something in that vicinity. Beyond that, I just wanted to start exploring for other ideas that would be fun to visit, but not otherwise top of mind, if price and scheduling lined up. As I started to look into it, it just seemed odd that there's not even a rudimentary list anywhere on AA.com (or seemingly anywhere) of all destinations they publish fares to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.